1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Stock Exhaust / Akra?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by manicguitarist, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Has anyone replaced the stock with the Akra on their V2?

I don't mean folks that got it delivered with the Akra already on, but actually rode it with stock and then the Akra.

What are the difference in sound levels?
    Any other comments?

Thx

2. It should sound the same as a 959 with Akra’s if you have seen any footage of them. They are quite loud tbh, louder than the termi’s I had on my 899. I didn’t buy them with my bike but I’ve been thinking about them, but would need to find somewhere to get a deal on them to push me into them as the standard bike sounds okay

3. I quite like the rumble of the stock cans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree. The stock cans sound awesome.
    I guess Im bored stuck in...so looking to tinker with the bike

5. Sound nice going flat out around outlon park

6. I was actually thinking of getting a exhaust valve eliminator to stop it shutting the valve at 3.5k rpm as I find it a bit annoying, is that just me? I was going to ask motorapido which one etc when I got to get my first service done

7. Having ridden with them for a while now the absolute best part is getting the engine load and gearshift rpm just right to literally have it sound like a gunshot going off as you upshift.

Its orgasmic.

8. I bet the blipper sounds nice with the Akra’s

9. Yea sound good, but not as good as those certain upshifts.
    Well worth the money either way in my opinion :)

10. Been toying with spending 3k on akra is it too loud ie get nick by coppers is there a baffle to get pats mot thoughts on blowing 3 k

11. I ended up putting the slipons on. I think I wrote about it on here. It is a much deeper sound, but not much louder at idle or at speed.
    It is a lot louder at 30mph though, because in the oem can the valve shuts at 30mph.
    Got the cans for £2k, fitted myself. Supplying dealer did the upmap for no charge.
    The end cans also come with a free flowing air filter.

12. I think ubought the onesi was looking at on ebay

13. Quite possibly. ebay told me there was 1 other viewer...so I made a crazy low offer.
    I’m very pleased with them. :)

14. Anyone know what the DB levels are like with the Akra system?

Thinking of going back to a baby Pani, but it will be used on track so will need to leave as standard if the system is prohibitive.

15. Stock is 105dB
    No figures for the akra.

16. It’s going to be tight then. Brands is my local track and they require 102DB, my 899 was okay when I took it a few years back... SuperDuke was fine with a slip on.

17. I’m still really torn on this, I don’t have £2600 to spend on them (the Ducati prices seem to have gone up another £200) but I’m really starting to notice the bike holding back at around 5k revs. I thought it was traction control being freaked out but cats eyes etc on over take but it’s not.

I don’t want to start a debate about how I should just rev it harder, the point is that there is a dip in power and torque which catches you out in higher gears when following slower traffic.

Then I found this dyno which sheds some light. I’m really hoping CJS etc will be soon able to map the stock ecu and exhaust to clear this 5B8CC6E2-6CF3-4545-A031-C242B35040E2.jpeg

18. The dip in power is noticeable...and it is completely gone with the end cans and upmap.
    Make a dealer an offer? I got mine for £2k.

19. That’s interesting to know! I’ve not seen anyone previously confirm that it fills in the bottom end. Bet it’s lovely to ride like that

20. I was getting frustrated with the dip in power, call it the Euro5 dip. Was thinking it was TC kicking in. Nope.
    Put the slip ons on, with air filter & up map. More power everywhere.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information