1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Stock Exhaust / Akra?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by manicguitarist, Apr 27, 2020.

1. I’ll need to get them then, because the power dip is frustrating to say the least

2. Pretty frustrating that it seems like to get the best performance means the bike won’t meet most UK track DB levels!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yup. Good old EU regulations.

4. Personally I find the rumbling sound of a twin dissipates far better than the screaming IL4s that sail through sound testing.

It’s between this and a Street Triple for a occasional road and track bike. I want the Ducati purely to enjoy its looks as much as riding it, but I think the 765 could be the sensible choice.

5. I moved from an MV F3 800 to the V2. I've put nearly 5000 miles on her since March. It is a great bike - but you have to buy what stirs your soul.

6. Liked my 899 but it wasn’t as good a the 675, however the V2 seems to have addressed the shortfalls and looks to be the best looking and performing Sportsbike for your average mortal rider. It’s just parting with the best part of 15k to have a flat spot seems a little disappointing.

The Triumph doesn’t stir the soul but will arguably provide better value smiles per mile.

Such first world problems, but problems nonetheless!

7. :)

Test ride one. The flat spot is only obvious is you are *really* on it. You can still pull power wheelies. :)

8. The issue with the flat spot is that it isn’t flat (if that makes sense) the power drops, and that’s what you notice, makes the throttle feel elastic. However... now I’ve really identified it, I’ll try to just hold 4th instead of 5th to keep above that range, or look at a slightly bigger rear sprocket which I was considering anyway, cheaper ways to fix the issue.

when I’ve had it a year, I’ll look more at the option of remapping with standard exhaust, the common myth is that remapping will wreck the cats, but I don’t think it has too and I’m sure that 5k dip can be mapped out without putting the cat at risk. The only remaining issue with the bike is that with Euro 5 it seems to log EVERYTHING so could be more of an issue for warranty

9. Thanks, all good feedback and information. Test ride is definitely on the cards :upyeah:

10. Just got Akra put thanks to Phil for info on Ducati man got a deal which made it less painful
    Love the sound !!!! a lot more gets around ankle got lots more work removed pillion pegs, added red race rider pegs, r&g crash bungs these are a nightmare be careful it’s not a 1 hour work as stated on r&g website
    Ran out of the at rosso corso but will put on Daytona heated grips which don’t have that module on handle bar it’s built in grip
    Will send photos

11. Indeed. The R&G crash bungs took me about 5 hours and another £100 in new tools that I needed (mainly long reach sockets). I like buying new tools. :)

You'll also need a stand like an ABBA stand as well as a paddock stand to fit them btw as the rear shock has to come out.

12. Would totally agree on the upshift sound. Very addictive..
    Have Akras on my 959 and mot never an issue. As for sound they are very loud, i ran with db killers in and its the only bike ive had to have earplugs in when riding. Other bike a 1200r with termis and baffles out and much quieter.
    Did pee my neighbours off as well on an early Sunday morning.

13. Loud even with DB killers but low level grunt

14. I have the underslung akras on my 959 and can confirm they're VERY loud (as Phil said louder than termis) but never once had an issue with the boys in blue.

15. Yep. And once you put a baffle in the aftermarket system, they’re often making the same if not less power than the original

bloody U.K. !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information