1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen Ducati 899 2014

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by egcDuc, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Hi everyone, my dads Ducati 899 Panigale Red 2014 reg number AK14 HYZ was stolen on Friday 16th June in Dalston, near Shoreditch area. The bike has Datatag on it so is marked so if anyone sees any parts beware and please let me know if anything looks dodgy. Thank you for viewing this post :)

IMG_6356.JPG

2. What a shitter, sorry to here this :(

3. Sorry to hear about this. The number of Dukes being stolen lately seems disproportionally high. DUCATI need to set up a worldwide alert to all their dealers with stolen VIN numbers as these are held in the ECU now.

4. This is getting crazy, if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd suspect inside job, Dvla, police, Ducati .....I'm not but this is absurd it's not like a Ducati is on every street.

On a side note maybe Ducati owners should en mass not buy cheap parts, I know we all like a bargain but it's supply and demand.

5. Hmm this is quite scary. Panigales seem to be the most stolen bike at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It's the third 899 in as many days, and that's just on this forum.

Any tracker, as the other two did and it made no difference?

7. Proper shit. When will it all stop?!

When someone catches these scrapes and removes their hands, that's when!!!

8. No unfortunatly it didnt

9. this is getting really bad.

10. Sorry to hear, any news has it been located,

this is one of the reasons I have bike trac fitted to both my ducati's

11. I have Biketrac too. Two other 899's got taken last week and they both had the biketrac units removed within about 15 minutes.

12. Oh,

do you know where they where taken from

13. One was over Park Royal. Can't remember the other.

14. Where about in dalston mate? Was it locked up? I am around the area quite often and just want to know where to avoid. Sorry about the loss. :(

15. No news yet but keep checking on ebay and other sites for parts if there stripping the bike

16. I hope the bike gets returned in one piece! Horrible isn't it. I had my bike stolen yesterday. It was recovered within an hour due to the bike trac. Definitely a must have.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Good to hear it works on some occasions and that I'm not wasting my money

18. Can I ask, was it worth returning? Did it have any damage? Insurance claim anyway?

I do wonder, having had bikes back and had to repair myself and probably cost more in the long run that simply taking the money and replacing. :)

19. Guy on Facebook has just had his BMW recovered (Biketrac). Ripped the seat off, breaking the subframe. Ripped out the alarm wiring and battery. Steering lock also broken. I bet that will all cost a pretty penny to repair.

20. It was outside a new restaurant in Dalston somewhere not sure where ill have to ask my dad but he was measuring up the job and parked his bike right infront of the door then someone knocked on the window to say the bike was getting stollen so he ran out but just saw it getting pushed away

Do Not Sell My Personal Information