1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen Hyper & Karma.

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by hypersteve, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Hello Everybody,

Not been on here for a while but thought I'd do a quick post. Had my Hyper stolen in December - the little ferks angle ground a 19mm chain clean off the lamp post it was attached to......:(.

Anyway its quiet a unique hyper, carbon gp tail unit, off road tyres, satin black paint job and numerous other bits and bobs, as you do... Pic attached..... not that I want it back but maybe save somebody from unwittingly buying a nicked bike.

Been paid out on the insurance but it stills urks me to know they got away with it, until that was this Saturday, look out my window at 6pm on a sunny Saturday evening and what do I see, a couple of chavvy gits loading up a transit van with bikes, phone 999 and tell the nice lady whats going on - I am only presuming they are nicking the bikes at this time, chat to her for 10 mins or so until they have left and driven up the road and she says its ok we have them on CCTV now and will stop them in a minute. Got a phonecall at 10pm to say they had arrested both driver and passenger as the van had 8 stolen bikes in the back of it and had travelled down from Manchester to London to pick up the bikes. Funny thing is the kids passing them the bikes where round here a couple of months ago and I chased them off with a baseball bat before they had a chance to do anything, as they where on peds that time and knew the police wouldn't be able to get them. I am making the assumption that its the same little firm that took my hyper, although its never been found so can't prove that but it makes me feel better thinking that!! Now I just need to catch the other 2!!!

I know its only a small dent in the numbers of bikes being stolen but hopefully will stop somebody on heres pride and joy going walkies.

IMG_7028.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  2. One good deed a day,..

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information