1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Speed_Triple, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Diavel Corse lifted from Bethnal Green, East London, between 1.30pm and 4.45pm today.
    Any help gratefully received.

2. Bollox. Sorry to hear that, scumbags.

Worth putting something on the Ducati Forum Fb page, maybe with reg and picture? Then we can share across the www

3. Wankers! Hope you gt a result.

4. Hate seeing these threads but seems they are all too common :(

Gutted for you, hopefully everything works out bike wise and the scumbags get what they deserve....not confident of the latter though.

5. pic of bike and reg on Ducati discussion page.

6. Here's the Diavel that was stolen

image.jpg

image.jpg

7. Are you sure it was lifted and not wheeled away? If not it might be tucked away somewhere very local

8. The steering lock was on so would have been impossible for it to have been manoeuvred through the gate or wheeled very far.

9. I'd go and investigate and stand outside garage doors and other hiding places trying the alarm fob and listen for the pips

• Like Like x 1
  10. Does this have some sort of improved steering lock, most bikes I know have the steering lock snapped in in 2 seconds.

Like the guys have said check your local area alot of the bikes stolen within the City of London are dumped in and around the railway arches for a day or 2 to see whether the Police have located it or not which determines if a Tracker is fitted.

Any local CCTV in the area whether residential or commercial ? you really have to get out there and work the area.

Anyway I wish you all the best

#10 V2FAN, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. As a demo you'd think it would have a tracker fitted, especially in London

12. In my opinion that's the downside of keyless ignition. If the dealer had an easy pin code set (0000 or last 4 digits of vin code) thief can just enter it and drive away. Diavels don't have an alarm as standard, so unless one was retro fitted by the dealer that's out as well.

13. looks like anyother Diavel TBH.

14. Google mobile phone tracker app. There are a few out there that work really well. I have an old HTC with Tesco PAYG sim, with just Ten quid, it lasts for ages and never goes over the data limit. Phone will last for 2 days on full charge and doesnt need to be in direct view for GPS to give an accurate position. Im just wiring it up to a switch then to a Solar recharger, so it will always be ready for when I ride out and not connected to the battery.

Free app, 10 quid PAYG, old smartfone = some piece of mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Threads merged :smile:

16. That is a really great idea :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information