1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Insurance Quotes

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by SlowHand, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Can anyone shed a light on, what I consider to be, some strange insurance quotes?

I am looking to change the Scrambler FT. I was looking for a Monster 1200 but after looking at the picture thread here on the Scrambler 1100 Sport posted by El Toro, I thought I would look for a quote for one of those too.

All details, apart from the bike and value, are the same. The bike value is similar, the power is not!! Both new.

The Scrambler 1100 sport is almost twice the price to insure than the Monster 1200 and four times more than the 800 FT!!!!!!!!!

It could be that the 1100 is new onto the market but anyone have any other ideas please?

2. Thread moved.

And in answer to your question on the insurance side of things my new Scrambler 1100 Sport was about £40 more for the year over the Scrambler Classic element of my multi-bike policy. That's fully comp with DMC/Principal Insurance.

3. I had a stupid (around 2x last year)renewal quote from CN for my multi bike policy - they seem to have taken exception to my R1200RS this year...but couldn't explain why. Moved to another broker for fraction of cost.

4. My 1200r was £50 a year more to insure than the scrambler icon it replaced.

5. Evidently insurance quotes on average are down at renewal this year due to changes in whip lash law and long term payment (heard on the radio last week.
    My renewal from Ducati Insurance came through at £254 as apposed to £258 last year for an R1 and a 1098R - adding another 1098R Bayliss and my Stroker YR5 Yam this year too but not contacted them for an updated quote yet... but a comforting start point for sure!

6. Thanks for the replies. I am looking at £125 for the Scrambler FT, £250 for the 1200 Monster and £550 for the Scrambler 1100 Sport. I only garage during winter as I would have to take the bikes through the side extension.

Exige - that sounds very reasonable and good to see a fellow stroker fan. I have a Yam YA-6 in the workshop in bits at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shop around. End of.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information