1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter 1098 Not Starting

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by yelworc, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Have you adjusted it the correct way?

2. What size tyre is now fitted?
    What rear sprocket is fitted?
    How many chain links?

3. @yelworc as said above, just go back step-by-step and you will find what is wrong. First of all, you didn’t come back and say if you rotated eccentric adjust anticlockwise and not clockwise. I’m guessing you haven’t changed the chain or the sprockets? I don’t know if it’s true of your bike, but some tyre carcasses are bulkier than others, so you could have the same specification width and aspect ratio with a different make of tyre, but could mean a smaller gap between tyre and swinging arm. Finally, are you happy that axle adjusters are about the same on the left-hand and the right-hand side? I can’t think you would get this wrong, but if way out in One Direction, then this can make tyre run closer to swinging arm.

4. Bike is new and not a nut is ever turned before me. Its standard 15/38 and the chain is 102 links. This is the first tyre change ever on the bike,the tyre that isnt fitting is Metzeler M7RR,and its fitted the correct way and is 190/55. I have double checked all these things and there isnt a single fault.

#24 yelworc, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  5. Thought the bike has been in an accident and has done 2900kms

6. if you are sure that everything is standard, and fitted as per factory then sounds like it has to be a tyre carcass difference.

7. Cam you show a picture of your hub from chain side

Do Not Sell My Personal Information