1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter 1098 Stiff Clutch

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Cupid Stunt, Jun 22, 2017.

1. regressed mine last week. Took under an hour. I'd done 2 TDs, a day on the dyno and 1000 mls and it didn't need it.

To be honest, IMO , you only need a slippery if you ride hard. Essential for track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I love a hard ride :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. A bad picture of mine

4. I've been know to dump the clutch down shifting to many gears in one hit and locking up now n then might help sort that out :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You'll need a clutch lock tool to remove the centre nut. I just got a cheap £10 one

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Yep. I do that, hit 2nd not 3rd, especially over cooking it into roundabout or off slip road.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thats my bad too but ooooooh so much fun

8. Another question. Was looking at slipper clutches and google is so good at searching it threw up plates as well some are billed as 48 some 12 now is this the amount of tabs on the friction plate or teeth on the steel plate ?

9. Most slippers use the standard 12 tooth Ducati friction plates.
    [​IMG]

EVR do a slipper with 48 tooth friction plates, but you are limited to buying these plates when it comes to replacing them.
    [​IMG]

On the subject, the steels have a lot of tabs, in case this is what is being referenced, but I think it's about 38 iirc.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I had to adjust the lever so far that it was a struggke reaching it, Discovered my stack height was to highm have had a play with it to night and its now sorted and light as a feather :)
    Ducabike slipper ordered, next adventure is to fit it :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vince, I have tools to fit it if you need assistance.

12. You just want to fiddle with my clutch DON'T YOU
    I have ordered clutch lock tool what else do I need ?

13. Aluminium friction plates or the steel ones will hammer the basket to shit.

14. I'd like to pre-book for another session with Vince's clutch fitting please. ( especially if more of your soup on offer)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Me first with the soup it was rather delicious, maybe we should club together John and take a picnic basket round.

Must admit very hospitable family.

16. I am not entirely sure but I dont think mine are aluminium

17. Agree, first class service.
    Was your stack height too high, resulting in the lever being right out, or was the push rod too long?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information