1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter 1098s Missfire

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by jack999s, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Just thought it stick this up here as it may help out someone else down the line,

First quick run out this year and got as far as the pumps (Tesco 1 mile away from home), Bike started and ran 100% pulled in for fuel and after filling up got 100 yards before she started to misfire, Was ok above 4k revs, Automatically you think its fuel after just filling up, Anyway back home with her and ordered plugs, fuel filter and red line fuel system cleaner for motorcycles,
    I wanted to do one thing at a time so I new exactly what the cause was, Of with the tank new fuel filter fitted ( old one was perfect and tank spotless ), New rear spark plug, tried starting her and exact same, Pulled the horizontal cyl plug and it looked a little damp, New plug in and checked the lead to front coil which was perfect, Back together and yippy, Perfect, As usual ide think it was something to do with filling with fuel after getting 100 yards after filling up (god forbid I hadn't filled with diesel lol)
    Just shows, The plugs was only fitted 2 years ago just after I bought bike and done 1000 miles and one had clearly gone faulty,
    PS: whats your thoughts on running a tank of fuel through her with the redline cleaner?? Don't know whether to bother.

@Robarano Cheers for the WS manual download going to be useful, Came in handy for torque settings etc already

Cheers Jack

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information