1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter Front Screen

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Pappy, Jul 3, 2020.

1. I think if you order the PB screen in anything other than clear it draws attention to itself in all the wrong ways. I have the clear one and (so far) it's easy to live with.

2. This is what you get when the kit arrives. I keep thinking 'Cyberman'. No instructions, but what could possibly go wrong?

IMG_0039.jpeg IMG_0036.jpeg IMG_0035.jpeg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Was there a choice clear or dark?

4. Nope. There was only smoked when I ordered it, and still only smoked at the moment according to the Ducati Configurator.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have the instructions for those interested, but they are too big to upload. PM me if you want them.

6. Do you have pics of it fitted?

7. I will this evening. In the meantime a guy on Facebook has fitted his.

8. Thanks.
    I don’t do Facebook though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here's pictures of the fitted screen. Will take some shots outside of the cramped confines of my parking structure tomorrow. Fitting is pretty easy. Pull open the back of the instrument panel (amazingly/worringly easy) and then attach the screen bracket to the existing instrument bracket making sure the shouldered screws seat properly. Then attach the screen. Then as you type realise you have not refitted the plastic shark nose piece you have to remove at the start... Bollocks. (It fits in the trough just below the leading edge of the screen.

IMG_0052.jpeg IMG_0054.jpeg IMG_0056.jpeg

I think it looks just right.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Looks the part.
    Thanks.

11. And a wider shot. There is a shot with a bin in the background available for those who insist on forum etiquette. It's just not a very good shot of the bin.

Bike needs cleaning, but I can't be arsed as its coming to bits shortly to improve the aesthetics with some ceramic coated parts.

Still hard to wheelie. My 2018 Panigale V4S wheelied like a bastard in the first 3 gears - I'm amazed how civilised this is even with wheelie control off. Given the intent of the two bikes I think Ducati got it the wrong way round.

I'm going to lobby for a fourth engine mode - 'Loon' to give full torque in the lower gears. You know it makes sense...

IMG_0064.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. looking good and second your lobby suggestion. Just done 500 miles over 3 days in Harz mountains. absolutely awesome and perfect streetfighter country :upyeah::)

13. No problem speccing it up to over £35K with a selection of accessories! :cool:
    upload_2020-8-17_14-25-24.png

14. ...but you started with a base model! Get that suspension upgraded to the Swedish gold! You know it makes sense! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Did you put the bottom screw in the mount? I can’t fathom how to get to it once the black plastic cover is in place (tried going through it but the angle not quite right and the bolt won’t bite) and if I fit it first I can’t get the black plastic cover on as the mount is in the way! Doing my tits in!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I’ll be ordering the screen this week. It’s in stock apparently. If the carbon instrument cover doesn’t fit along with the screen then the cover will be up for sale

17. Can I get first refusal on the carbon instrument cover if you put it up for sale?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  18. You have to attach the mount before you put the plastic cover, as shown in the assembly diagram. Once attached, the cover can be pressed back on. The cover is a bit fiddly to get in, but it does eventually slot into the bushes.
    Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 16.20.21.png

19. Thanks, I’ve ordered the screen. So there is no way of keeping the carbon cover behind the screen?

20. Cheers buddy. Eventually worked it out. As you say it’s a bit fiddly and doesn’t seem any way that the last piece of the jigsaw would fit.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information