1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter Gallery

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

1. yep...not been turned into a village paperback book library...yet

2. Nice @Diver

Makes we want one again. Think i would get an 848 this time though, with the same pipe as you. Actually, can i just have your bike.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. gotta admit I do like it but the threads on this forum regarding Ducati reliability have me worried, I have had Harleys (yes I know !!!) but those things will chug out 50-80k miles with no probs

4. Well it stopped raining long enough to get them both out today Mrs grining like a loony first time on the 848 and to be fair matching silly grin on my face playing on the 1098

image1.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  5. Which is the better bike?

6. The 1098 is obviously quicker but I think it's smoother to ride as well - the 848 has quick shifter and feels like your riding it harder

Hard to say which I would call better as they are different to honest I think I like the 1098 more but you can't get that feeling of ringing it's neck with out doing warp speeds - pm me if you want to try both

7. The red one. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Kind offer. Was just thinking this morning though how the smaller capacity newer Streetfighter and Hypermotard compared to their older and bigger brothers.

9. The big engined fighter is a great bike. But I am biased. :)

10. I have had noth 848 and now have the 1098s
    I would have to say the 1098 is the better one of the two :) 2017-07-01 01.JPG 2017-07-01 02.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Big one every time. Much smoother again with a CJS custom map. With cleaner fuelling you find you use more of the rev range (get some Termis on it first though).

Lightening the clutch with a bigger slave and setting the suspension up properly so the attitude of the bike is correct as well as the damping etc also makes a big difference. You can make the 1098 feel as light and agile as the 848 but with the big power.
    The SF is one of those bikes that has a lot more potential under the surface and really responds to the right sort of fettling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. My darling(s) :heart_eyes:;)

DSC09592.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  13. IMG_1264.jpg IMG_1265.jpg IMG_1266.jpg Not mine but def salivating...

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I quite like the standard headlight. I just hate that gold part. Wonder how much of a shag it is to strip the unit down and get it painted...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information