1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter V4 S Reviews

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Robarano, Mar 25, 2020.

1. I prefer the V2

5655C840-44F3-440D-8A5E-4AD49965C88F.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I don’t know why they didn’t drop 1500 revs off the top and put a heavy crank in it and make it more of a torque bike, maybe they have been really struggling to keep it out the way of the monsters. Tbh that’s the bike I’d buy in this segment, I’m not sure id be quicker on the street fighter

3. A lot of money, compared to a very decent V4 Tuono Factory and I am glad I stuck with the V4S.

When Riders in Bridgewater opens, I will test ride one then.

4. I got my 2 year old minty mint Tuono V4 for almost 1/2 the cost. :) Have I mentioned it? :innocent:

IMG_8838.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. That pink one with white walls in the background. :heart_eyes:

6. True, numbers wise and the riding experience, you are right. But it's still not a Ducati......

I've owned a Tuono and the RSV4, but the ducati, IMHO, is just that 2% next level and sometimes, passion over price wins.

The good lady in fact, called me a "fucking idiot" for spending £5k more on the V4S, over my next in line, the 1100 Factory RSV4. I sometimes have to remind her that I pay her salary and she doesn't actually work, in the nicest possible way of course.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. All the whining and whinging that Ducati weren’t making a Streetfighter and now there is a Ducati Streetfighter, there’s still whining and whinging. Ooh, it’s ugly, it’s too expensive, it isn’t an Aprilia. There’s no pleasing some people :joy: Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. 2% for almost double the price. :eek: I'll stick with the Tuono until I reach 100% of its capability and when I need the extra 2% I'll consider it. :)

What are these Ducati things you speak of? Do I need one in my life? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. It’s unlikely to to look worse been honest, this will be a cheap bike in two years and at that point be a bit of a good buy but for now it’s a bit of a goodbye

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. All good bike designs take time to appreciate, you should never instantly fall in love with the looks, .... you then get bored.

As for the price, same as a Diavel 1260S - Multi PP - Standard V4 etc

Not for me though ..... too small.

• Like Like x 1
  11. For what it's worth what price will the replacement V4 MTS cost? I think whilst Ducati produced a naked and no doubt a fun V4 SF, which is Marmite for looks. I just feel that the MTS will be more cost effective for price between the 2 models. However how many people these days either PCP or HP the bikes they buy? Not many have the full cash to spend that lump some in 1 go nowadays, so what does it matter what the cost of the bike is anyway?

Ask yourself, how many people buy cars of £100K+ cars that they can't afford and just about scramble by each month for the 3 years that they're paying the depreciation for.

Just proves what a bargain the M1200R was new @£16K back in 2017

12. I've got one on order!
    I'm not sure now whens it's even due in the UK with everything that's going on now :(
    Hopefully i can get my deposit back if required.

13. New fork top boots for the DES I noticed.

Screenshot 2020-03-27 16.28.47.png

14. I think the Multistrada V4S will be over £20k as it’s a halo product like the V4s is, but that will be salty

15. Summed it up perfectly for me. Well spoken that man.

16. i was told last weekend by the dealer - before they closed for the duration - that they might be sooner rather than later.......No one knows but TBH i'm in no real hurry as would like to see if i have a business still

17. FWIW I had two Street Triples (675R and 765RS), and they are absolute jewels. BUT, a naked is for messing about on and I really missed the torque of a big engine. So I traded in for a Speed Triple RS. Got the torque, and most of the brilliant handling, but I missed the lightness. I never considered the Aprilia as I have no dealer in my vicinity and I don't like the looks. I've had two S1000Rs and they're just bland and the low throttle glitchiness drove me nuts.

So for me as a Ducati owner with only the experience of a V4, ordering Streetfighter is a bit of a no brainer. It just ticks all the boxes - for torque, weight and handling. It will give me one wheel fun all day. You can even get heated grips (£267)! I will be making all the aluminium coloured bits black though...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Go for it, mate. If you have the means and its what you want then that is all the matters.

Some of the first reviews seem to infer its quite user friendly as a road bike which is all good on a bike like this.

Its nowhere near the weight of the Street Triple RS though.

19. Very ugly.

20. Surprisingly, I think it looks cheap.

Just watched the Bennett’s video where it shows it up very close, and it’s such a clusterfuck of shapes, angles, colours and materials everywhere it does just look like the fairings have been taken off, and that’s it.

Halfway through he mentions he has been lent a SF as a long term bike; you know which way that review is going!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information