1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter V4s Leap Of Faith

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ravenscry, Nov 4, 2019.

1. I've done 3500 miles on my Factory, mostly over the last month. 300 mile days no problem, wheelies as soon as you look at it, qs and ds work no problems.
    Downsides are tank range (maybe 100 miles if you thrash it), twitchy throttle(part cured with some o rings between the throttle and housing but needs a re map to get rid of fuel cut off), and the fact that you cant change the suspension settings on the fly which really bugs me.
    Is a base V4 really worth 3 grand more? That's the buyers choice, but in my case as I always pay cash the answer is no, but on pcp maybe.
    I always get off it grinning like a loon, and the up and down shift sound keeps me amused for hours.
    Strange as this is a Ducati forum, but going by the video reviews I would take the tuono....

2. Well, I'm pleased to announce that my Streetfighter is now ready for collection !!
    Reading the comments above, it appears there is some keen interest in Tuono's .. so if anyone is in the market for one give me a shout.
    2019 Factory
    electronic shocks
    Full Titanium system carbon can
    1st owner from new back in April 2019
    4300 miles
    never been tracked or Wet
    Having her serviced right now, only thing she needs is some new boots.

let me know if interested

3. Motocorsa leant me a Tuono Factory when they were servicing my MV, had a great time until I tried to overtake a car at speed, pulled out and whacked open the throttle which resulting in me passing on the back wheel... not my intention at all :blush: Handled as if on rails too, an awesome licence shredder in the wrong hands.

4. Am really keen to get one, but at £24k for an S with exhaust, tail tidy, MMI and a carbon hugger/clock cover it’s expensive.
    And that’s before a new chain (I do that on all bikes) or paint/wrap.

5. Let us know how you get on. Mine is moving to the build phase in a few days, so hopefully I'll get it in July.

Looks like I'll trade in the Panigale as I can't justify keeping both.

6. Looks like your hearts saying one thing and your head another.
    Go with your heart.The Aprilia is a quality bike but reading between the lines I think you want the Ducati.You will be the one riding it so don't be influenced by others.
    Whatever you choose you really can't go wrong.Happy days.

7. mines in :) just seen it 'out back' in workshop waiting for PDI and bits to be bolted on. hopefully pick it up this weekend.
    Immaculate 2018 Pikes Peak going in part ex unless any forum member's interested? cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. SF 1.jpg

Long wait over also

• Like Like x 3
  9. lovely nice one. i put my name down last july so longest ever waited.
    see you have the rear seat cover, any other goodies?

10. still waiting on all the treats, Full system going on with 1st service if it ever arrives. Evotech radiator guards are on but waiting for the tail tidy. Full six carbon underseat and side pannels are with me but not worth putting on yet. ASV levers hopefully go on today with some Moto Gadget blade bar end mirrors. Carbon goodness also on back order due to COVID delays, bit of a work in progress.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fantastic. I've gone for some carbon, evotech tail tidy (waiting like you) and the Akra slip on. Bloody joke the price of the exhausts - could buy decent bike for that :). transfering evotech levers from current bike and hopefully all being fitted before i pick it up

12. Needs a bit of carbon lovin, some of the stock plastic moldings are a bit rough considering the premium'ness. But all is forgiven. You are going to love her. Yes Exhausts are a bitter pill to swallow.... but they know they have us by the shorthairs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Good video of a Ducati tech.I've just watched,fitting the full system.Amazing what goes into it.
    Don't know how to post the link.It's a tech. in the States,youtube channel''MOMS TV''

• Like Like x 1
  14. Good recommendation, 10 hours install... sod that for a game of soldiers

15. I can just about manage an end can.

#96 MarketSquareHero, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  16. That was good to watch !! Wouldn't like to do it myself though!!

17. I see Evotech list a specific rad guard for the Streetfighter. How is the fit? I saw a US review where they installed the Panigale guards and they worked but with gaps.

I’ve ordered the single seat for mine, so I’m glad it looks good. Those radiator surrounds, the exhaust heat shield, footrest hangers and footrests will be getting ceramic coated black. I only just finished doing something similar to the Panigale. Hey ho...

upload_2020-6-15_23-7-47.jpeg

18. Hello Vector, Apologies for the late reply.

I was watching the same youtube clip the other day "calimoto" off the top of my head he installed an R&G set, pretty sure they were for a Pani V4.... essentially not fit for purpose. Good job he posted it really to stop others falling in the same trap. I try to avoid this youtuber whenever I can however there was one good one re setting up the shocks with Dave Moss well worth a watch..... you just need to ignore it when Cali opens his mouth to repeatedly drone on how he likes steering damper so stiff ........ give me strength.

In my experience Evotech have always been spot on with their products and as you can see from the pic's below you could barely slide a fagpaper around the edges. worth the wait if they are on backorder.

Evotech SF Top Rad.jpg Evotech SF Bottom Rad.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. R&G = rubbish & garbage.
    Might as well go the whole hog and bling it up with some power bronze tat :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information