1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter V4s Leap Of Faith

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ravenscry, Nov 4, 2019.

1. 'Rubbish & Garbage' LOL! never heard that before. I am not a fan of R&G either (Just don't like the melted jelly mould look of the engine covers but I'm sure they do the job if needed) I always fit Evo-Tec rad & crash protection and GB Racing engine guards.

2. Totally agree. Evotech and GB racing are on all my bikes.

Yes the Calimoto bloke is annoying, but finding the odd nugget in the river of drivel is sometimes worth it.

Dave Moss is a god as far as I’m concerned. He did remote suspension setup of my V4S with me at Donington and him in California. You send him pictures of your tyres after each session and he would recommend a set of (custom fixed) settings.

Utterly transformed the bike. The man is amazing. Or maybe an alien. Either way his knowledge and credibility is fantastic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. SO for those that now have an SF, what is the actual tank range before the fuel light comes on? A general average will do please? The Monster 1200R does about 120-135 miles to a tank depending on how its ridden, hence wondering if the SF is doing less or similar. Thanks

4. I think that is the question most of us would be owners would like the answer to !!

5. Without coming across too much of a douche, i think if you are asking what an 1100 203bhp 180mph+ bike does mpg then especially if you are worried circa 125 miles then maybe this is not the bike for you. Also i recon most are running it in so not thrashing the nuts off it, so it’s probably too early to say. I can tell you it cost £20 to brim it.... and it’s the best value for money you can get per min of use. Apart from Big Suzy off the A217

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hence why I asked about General riding inc running in range. I know that V4S & R's are getting around 90-100 miles or so from a tank, so wondering whether the SF has a little better range from some of the new owners with it being de-tuned slightly over the SBK. Having had a Hyper amongst a dozen or so other Ducati's over the years, some of the ranges have been very poor. The other reason was to see whether the range would be sufficient for our Scotland runs. At times the 125 range means that you don't have to be too concerned with Fuel stops when you're near to the tip of Scotland or riding on the other Islands close by. Already had an MTS and not really interested with another. So if anyone can give an idea of range when possible that would be appreciated. Thanks

7. Well according to reviews so far, thirsty and around 100.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. All you have to do is look at the gearing difference between the Street Fighter and the V4S and you are going to see the Street Fighter is going to be noticeably worse

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. The last time I rode my V4S, admittedly at Almeria, the instantaneous consumption was 28mpg. Andy

10. The leap of faith ends on Saturday. I'm quite excited now! Now to take all the black and carbon bits off the Panigale. Some of which might fit the Streetfighter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I can't afford a SF V4, would you have Suzi's number to hand as I can run to the 1 off payment.:cool:

As a rough guide my mates Tuono does 90 to a tank, he doesn't much care though.

12. I think I overtook a SF on the A605 yesterday afternoon, he was being tailed by a Lady on what looked like a Supersport. Least I think it was a V4 didn't get better than a glimpse as needed to pass the truck they were behind.

13. Been trying to put as many miles as I can on her but alas timing and weather has been against me. I have not been ringing her neck as in the running phase. She was brimmed by the dealer when picked up (unfort I dont know which fuel went in) however at 70 miles the amber fuel light came on, so maybe factor an extra 20-25 miles) so I would go with sub 100 mile range. 20 miles motorway speeds and the rest very very tame. Gulp

#113 Ravenscry, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Yup I saw 80 miles before fuel light

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. That is standard though.
    I had 80-90 miles out of my 1098S and then 20 max on reserve. Expected.

16. around 80 miles for me before the fuel light went off. Very annoying not to have the fuel indicator..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I saw one in the flesh for the first time today and unfortunately for my bank balance I really like it. Even the wings didn’t look too bad.
    I’m afraid it’s only a matter of time......
    Marco wants to buy my GS which is handy.....

18. I can show you mine just to make sure you spend a lot of money!

19. Has anyone specced the Media interface on theirs?
    Can’t find much about it online. Do like the idea of changing tracks etc through the switches on the handlebars.

20. I have it on mine and it works really well with my iPhone and Sena

Do Not Sell My Personal Information