1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter V4s Leap Of Faith

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ravenscry, Nov 4, 2019.

1. When you get a moment, is there a possibility you could post some pics of it on the screen or better still a video?
    Thanks.

2. See Page 4 of the link i posted above.

3. Went to my local Ducati dealer on Thursday to have a look at the Monster 1200s & SF V4. Both very, very nice. Sat on both, started both but only booked a test ride on the Monster. As fantastic as the V4 is I can't get over the RRP. I can afford it but am struggling to justify it to myself. I just know I'd be changing the endcan, putting Ducati parts on it as well as the compulsory Evo-Tec stuff. Add in the insurance (more than twice the cost of insuring the monster) and there's £25K gone if not more. Good luck to those who have the cash to buy one or run it for a couple of years on PCP

4. Same with me ended up going with the a used Tuono 2018 with 2k miles for £11k, I even had one in pre-order but could not justify spending so much on a bike, additionally the Tuono has better wind protection where you can go for top speed runs, and it has cruise control, it not better built and the Ducati has a special premium feel to it, but for £11k the Tuono is too good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sure I’ll do it tomorrow if it’s not raining

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. The Tuono deals are such good value for money but they are really in need of an update now. I’ve had 2, superb machines.
    It’s beyond me why the SF hasn’t got cruise control.

• Like Like x 2
  7. It’s here at last! Evotech tail tidy makes a big difference to the looks as does the tail fairing. Those hateful fork side reflectors are going tomorrow. Near term step is to make all the aluminium bits black.

Other fitted options are the Rizoma reservoirs, Bluetooth module, tank protector and transparent tank grips. Got the carbon hugger and slider on order plus the screen. Very pleased so far. First ride today.

I won’t post a picture as they all look the same.

• Like Like x 2
  8. No they don’t!
    Pic or your a fibber.

9. Ye of little faith, behold... :D

IMG_1488 (1).jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Anyone know if the Ducati Performance front mudguard from the Panigale (2018) fits the Streetfighter? I could just try it but I'm bone idle.

11. Lovely!
    So so close to biting the bullet.

12. I've spent half the day on it today, and I've got to say I absolutely love it. I had the Panigale for 2 years and although I really liked it, its an angry bike for the road. I got off the Streetfighter relaxed and happy rather than feeling like I'd drunk 4 Red Bulls and survived a gun fight.

With the wide bars and V4R derived front end the steering is precise and gives tremendous feedback. I did 150 miles today, on some bumpy twisty backroads which the Panigale would have just about tolerated - meaning a high level of concentration, questionable fun factor and a rattled skeleton. The Streetfighter just flowed through in 6th gear. I kept chucking it into bends and coming out the other side grinning. Its been fairly blustery all day today down south, and I hardly noticed that either.

Now some of this is just the first flush of ownership, and I'm still running it in, but this is not my first V4 so I've got some frame of reference. So I know the animal is in there (I'm looking at you Desmosedici Stradale) but I'm definitely finding the chassis more confidence inspiring for the roads.

In summary, I have to say that so far the leap of faith has paid off, and this is looking like my new favourite Ducati.

And its got heated grips. You can't have a motorcycle without heated grips once you've had them.

And it hasn't got a bleeding fuel guage. You'd think with all the other gizmos on it they could work out how much fuel was in the (tiny) tank.

But I still love it.

• Like Like x 4
  13. FWIW front and rear Ducati Performance mudguards from the 2018/2019 Panigale V4S fit. But the titanium swingarm protector does not. Moreover the protector is frighteningly expensive. But I guess so is a swingarm.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information