1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Stuck Ecu Plugs?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Old Jock, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Ok I did a search and I'm trying to get the ECU plugs out to remove the get the ECU outta the way to install a Shindengen RR

If I have it correct the 2 big "wheels" on the front of the plugs have to be turned through 90 degrees. The LH anti clockwise and RH clockwise.

I cannot get these to turn and I'm worried about breaking them.

Any tips, is there anything I'm missing, anything to be pulled/pushed removed etc: before I do this as I'm on the point of breaking them and they are not for turning and I do not want to break them!!

2. There's a small tab that needs depressing to allow the "wheel" to rotate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hi John. I think there’s a button or tab on there that needs depressing first. They are awkward til you get one of them off.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. there is almost deffo a lock tap you have to push in next to the leaver on the multi plug

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Ups, beaten to it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. doh, 3 all in a row. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Haha, all done then, John?

8. Great minds? If so, I best disappear!

9. I think you need to press something down in order to turn them :innocent:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ok thought I'd missed summit for sure

I'll go back out, have a look & report back

Many thanks to all

11. As above Jock. Theres a tab you have to depress on em. I use a skinny wee small flat screwdriver to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. which means there's a possibility this plug has never been removed. could be a bit tight. go easy. you can help the leaver move by giving the front of the plug a wee pull at the same time as lifting the leaver

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Thanks all plugs out.................fekin Ducati it's not exactly obvious is it?

The tabs are underneath about 1/2 way along, they are not on the "wheels" themselves (for anybody as stupid as me & is Googling in desperation)

Once located and pressed in the wheels turned really easily and the plugs slid out

Wonder what else is going to bite me?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. @RickyX many thanks for that too, it looks very neat

Never heard of Rivnuts either and just googled very informative indeed

Do Not Sell My Personal Information