1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunning 998 For Sale 7800 Miles

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Simon-Ducati, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I do my friend :)

2. I'd be willing to do a deal on the 748 give me a shout if your interested

3. If you liked my offer before then inbox me ;)

I'm not looking at a 748+$ deal. Had a little look over the 748 this morning and I still waver over it, the 998 has the Testastretta though and that's attractive.

4. How much do you think the Suzuki is worth? I'm no expert on these but looking at a few adds they don't seem to be worth much?

5. It's worth £2,500 on a bad day... £3,000 for the right punter when the sun is out, I'd say :)

6. image.jpeg

7. Must admit it does look ok but a bit more than I'd want to have in it. 748 looks good though!

8. "It does look ok"...

I don't think it's for you my friend... It's not like a modern water-cooled GSX-R, splendid as those are for the folks who love them, they're not soulful. Old air/oil-cooled GSX-Rs are something you either *get* or you don't, and there are few survivors in this kind of condition now. If to you it just seems like an old generic Jap IL4 then it's best kept here. It'd be a crying shame for it not to be loved.

Good luck with the 998 sale though, doesn't look half bad.

Cheers
    /ic

• Like Like x 1
  9. £6495 for quick sale as it's almost Christmas. This is a lot of bike for the money.

10. Hi - is the 998 still for sale?
    Cheers
    Jonathan

11. Hi Jonathan yes still have the 998.

12. This stunning 998 is still for sale any takers before I try her on eBay. The bike is near mint condition and had a full service inc valve clearances less than 300 miles ago.£6650 pleased to answer any questions my number 07903607391

13. Whats up with the side decals they are in the wrong place .

14. TFFT, I've been going back to this ad for a while now with all the usual head v heart conundrums going on but something didn't look quite right though and Super Ted's solved it for me, thx Ted :blush:

15. The fairings are new from snell genuine Ducati I have the receipts. Someone didn't put the decals in the correct position. The bike is in outstanding condition and is HPI clear. Near new Pirelli tyres big service recently. There was no damage other than panels which have been replaced. The only non genuine Ducati panel is the mono seat unit. Looking at 998 prices mines the cheapest by far out there and only has 7900 miles. 998 prices are only going up and up so if it doesn't sell I'm more than happy to hold on to this one!!!

16. if that's the case why not buy a new decal set and re-apply so any potential buyer doesn't get a bad feeling for no reason. Could help overcome a minor reason which someone could throw at you in negotiations

If the panels have been replaced because of damage it may be a idea to say how they were damaged as people also may assume that you mean its been dropped or something when in fact it as nothing as serious as that.

17. Thanks will bear that in mind if I put her on eBay

18. Four different prices in the ad ?? I am sure the decals should be lacquered over and have the word Testastretta under the Ducati part of the decal. I would be surprised if they came out of the Ducati factory like that, probably been repainted and aftermarket decals applied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information