1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunning 998 For Sale 7800 Miles

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Simon-Ducati, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think if you were seriously in the market for a bike like this, the decals and other bits would be pretty obvious. Doesn't look like the seller is trying to hide anything. At the end of the day, for that price and millage and general condition, try to find something better for that kind of money. Look at the eBay prices. Just saying...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. All genuine Ducati inc decals and have been laquered over mint job just a little further back than they should be. Out of pure interest what value do you guys put on this bike?

4. I think it is worth what you are asking, can you get a note from the shop regarding the transfers and new panels, it might help with the sale. The factory were known to put the stickers in different places - if they are painted from the factory there should be no issue.
    You are asking a 'very' reasonable price I think...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cracking bike for the money!! If I didn't have the 1198 I'd have this like a shot!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. It would be worth the £6500 your asking if it had at least Termi's

7. I do have a few sets of termis stashed away. One set are titanium and carbon fibre like foggy had on his race bikes

8. Was the whole bike resprayed ?

9. I don't think anyone has suggested the seller is trying to hide anything. Maybe the decals being in the wrong place is apparent to some but not to me I'm afraid and I've owned a 916 & 996 in the past, must be an age/memory issue. I'm sure I'm not alone by always "being in the market" for another bike, it's just the other half who seems to be under the illusion I shouldn't be. That's soon corrected though by following up her occasional "why do you need so many bikes" jibe with a smile and "shoes & handbags dear, shoes & handbags" :yum:

#69 HyperC, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  10. Looks like it's just had new fairings and mono seat unit. I've just seen a 996 come up at £6390 with 21000 miles and we all know the 998 was the better of the 2.

11. Sorry the 996 has 13000 miles still 5000 more than mine and it's a 996 not a 998!

12. Nice and clean [emoji106]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Looks like I've finally sold her to a really decent guy at my local Ducati club I do think he got a really good bike at a really good price. I spoke to Paul at bennetts this week regarding a part ex on a F4 he offered me £6500 against a second hand one or £7000 against a new one. At least I will soon have the cash to buy private or from a dealer. How much do you think a dealership would knock off a new bike?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yes please close the thread I've just sold it to Ray one of the members at my local Ducati club.

15. Yes please El toro close the thread

16. Hello, were still here :D

17. Thread closed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information