1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Stupid 1199 Questions By An Idiot

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nervy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Awesome. Thanks Q. I'll have a mooch around ebay now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tail tidy looks very much like the DP one and will fetch good money second hand the indicators are fit for the bin the standard led 1199/1299 look good,evotech or bruudt are the best aftermarket tail tidys.
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks dude. That's great. What's what with the seats there?

4. DP comfort seat and race seat,you have the race seat ,as you can see not a great difference in the profile,i have a race seat on mine (race seat is the brand name) they make different profiles and covers to suit your needs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It is in fact the Ducati performance race seat. I have one. Believe me it's better than the original slippery rubbish seat.

Edit - I see lots of people have said this already but I'll leave my valuable opinion here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So, the moral of this story is that they're all shit, but the 899 seat is fractionally better?

7. Thank you mate. Appreciate you taking the time.

8. But, we can also agree that this one is also rubbish? It's like a thick plank.

9. I don't mind it. I like being more on the bike than in it. I haven't spent a lot of time on it in one go, but I've done 7 hours in a day with no bum issues.

10. The 899 seat is noticeably lower than both the comfort and race seat, it leaves you feeling more in the bike than on it, it is better than the standard 1199 seat being grippier and not sloping towards the tank. If you value your neither region don't get a standard pre 2014 seat. I have one sitting here I took off my bike and I wouldn't even sell you it

11. I found the standard 899 seat too slippery. Specially in leathers.

12. I found the standard 899 seat too slippery. Specially in leathers.

13. You should try the standard 2012 1199 seat the 899 feels a lot grippier

14. I couldn't do 7 hours on a sofa in one day with no bum issues.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Is it also the same seat for the 1299 for the 899? Can find more 1299 seats than 899, chum.

16. No, "frictionally" better, pay attention ffs! :eek:

17. As far as I'm aware the 899, 1199 from 2014 onward and the 1299 seat are the same. Although I am not 100% sure about the 1299 seat as I haven't fitted it personally but from what I have read on the web it would seem it is the same also.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you mate.

19. Terrible.

FWIW, I've no issue with the grip of the seat, just that it's like being pearched on a pyramidal vaulting horse.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. I have tried the standard pre 2014 1199 seat, the DP comfort seat and the 899 seat and prefer the riding position, feeling more in the bike, feet firmly planted on the ground instead of tiptoes, less weight on the wrists and not sliding forward into the tank every time you brake! If you google Panigale seats you will find lots of info and the majority prefer the 899 seat and I would recommend it also.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information