1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Stupid 1199 Questions By An Idiot

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nervy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. This is by design, the Panigale has a higher seat than for instance a GSXR where you are inside the bike and behind the tank. These things are subjective depending on what type of riding you do but the 1199 in particular is very much a race bike and it is prone to bucking and taking out the man jewels if you do not use the race seat and/or tank grip.

2. Luckily for me, having been married for 16 years, I've no use for my genitals. They are- at best- a coin purse for superceded currency.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Thank you mate. You've been ace.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sure its been answered but thats a DP race seat. I confirm its hard and sharp. The DP comfort seat is the same size but softer and less painful on your perineum.

5. Thank you. By way of returning the favour, I often enjoy singing the word perineum to Falcos 'Amadeus'. Try it, I believe you might like it, too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thank you nervy, but i am unlikely to listen to Falco's Amadeus. As I have been blessed with taste.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm not saying it's good, I'm saying it's fun.

8. Fun is subjective. In order to do the perineum line, one would first have to listen along to it. That would offset any semblance of fun in my mind. Like tickling someone whilst electrocuting them. But what ever floats your boat Nervy old bean.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Actually, you probably could sing the song without listening to it. Watch. I'm doing it now. And the radios not even on! Crazy times here, and no mistakin'.

Also, it's neutral bouyancy that floats my boat. Don't let the haircut fool you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Actually it's the difference in average density between your boat and the fluid it sits upon that floats it. Neutral buoyancy is an effect but not the cause. Had you spent more time learning fluid dynamics and less time at the barbers you'd know this.

Just reading the title and performer of 'that song' is enough. Singing it, whilst its not even on, would give me an aneurysm. Just typing it here gave me a nosebleed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haha this thread :)

12. Keh? :worried:

13. Standard 1299 959 seat. More comfortable and grippier and you'll pick one up fir reasonable money.

14. Comfort seat and Bruudt tail tidy. Simples.

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

15. I massively want to thank you for your input, but you also said 'simples' so now I'm conflicted. How about we both agree you're being ironic, and I thank you for your input? Yes. Cool.

Thank you for your input :D

16. From one idiot to another, the sourcing of the tail tidy and fitting was indeed simples. YouTube holds the evidence......

The comfort seat, I find, is just that. Also simples.

Or is it the fact that you find yourself speaking like a Russian based meerkat reading the above that conflicts you?

17. Yes. It's that. Because once I start, I fear I cannot stop. It's anything but simples.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Just to update this daft little thread. I don't know why I'm doing it, but I am so let's just get it over with, shall we?

After taking the day off to show yet another time wasting idiot the 1098 I have for sale, who- of course- didn't show up for the second time (though credit where credits due, today's excuse is a masterclass in bullshit and stupidity*), I decided to have another little blast about on my mates 1199s, riding it back to back with my MV F4RR Costa Corta (I know, it sounds like a shit coffee).

Before doing so, I switched the suspension tie-rod thingy to P rather than F and used the suspension settings MCT did for my 1199R (I only had it a few months, and didn't really get the chance to explore it fully before it had to go) and that's made all the difference to the comfort and riding. I really like it now, and am convinced it'll be ace on the track, though on the road it's a bit of a handful being so top endy and unhinged and generally like the final few seconds of Buckaroo.

What I especially like about it is that the MV is like being in a loving relationship with Kylie Minogue in Lake Como, whereas the Panigale is like a hand-job from Danni Minogue behind Lidl. It's all anger and heat and smells and noise and terrible albums but brilliant calendars and epic tits. Love it.

Hopefully the outpouring of twats attempting to steal my 1098 will attenuate soon, and I can sort myself out with my own off-brand Minogue.

Thanks for all your advice, you lot. It's much appreciated.

* "I can't come to see the bike today as I'm now going sailing at the weekend."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Evotech tail tidy on my old 1199
    2015-01-28 - 10.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Much nicer.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information