1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Industrial Action Heathrow

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Ok, but if they’re hoping for public support it’s bad timing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Sorry. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Just to finish up my involvement in this thread, which by the way was very helpfully posted to help us all avoid being mullered by the strike, I was attempting to see it from the eyes of the workers. Good luck to anyone travelling. Having had my travel ruined in the past thanks to strikes and also a rather unruly volcano I know it's not going to be fun :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. I can see the adjusted campaign slogan now

For the many (as long as you're a paid up Unite member), not the few (plebs that aren't members of a union)

Catchy eh?

5. So you are agreeing with fact that they are "Badly"paid, which surely contradicts the rest of your sentence. Any family who can afford abroad holidays during school break terms are hardly poorly paid and the fact you have mentioned that it has cost them many months of savings........... there are many many families who are unable to accrue savings. Real world bud, just saying.

6. If it was just about claimed poor pay and poor conditions why not do it when the school holidays are not on? why not do it midweek?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just in passing, can I ask where it is that people have formed the opinion that publicly-run organisations are "better" than privately-run ones?

I'm not looking to "win an argument" here (or even lose one LOL) but what is it about publicly owned business that makes fans of nationalisation so keen?

I suspect the NHS is going to feature heavily in any reply here.

If this question is considered a worthy topic for conversation, it might be best to post a reply in a new thread.

8. Dress it up how you want, whatever makes you feel better and justifies it to yourself.

Im not sure whether you have kids, but whether you do or don't doesn't change a few simple facts.

Parents nowadays are fined if their children are taken out of school during term times, thus their main options are to take family holidays during school breaks, that time is now. Heathrow is one of, if not THE busiest airports in Europe and thus has more flights which in turns make its more affordable to fly out of. The earlier you book the better deals you get, it also give families opportunity to pay down their holiday on 0% finance deals through the main suppliers (Tui/Thomson etc etc) Google it, you'll learn something.

Before me and my partner got together she was a single mum for a few years, she was on shit money then and she's still on shit money now. She did however take her well deserved holiday with her daughter within school holidays and by the means outlined above, and if she would have been caught up in, and at financial loss because of actions like this, I would have been livid as no matter what theres no justification for it to be timed at a point to effect the types of families mentioned here.

Therefore its naive at best, or purposefully ignorant to sure up your blinkered position, that you think people taking children on holiday at this time of year immediately puts them in a pay bracket or financial position stronger than that of any of the strikers. I appreciate it suits your rhetoric, but we both know its bollocks and you'll do all you can to justify Unite actions and their man Corbyn.

For one so outwardly supportive of 'for the many, not the few' it seems a bit strange that you're prepared to ignore the many on this occasion that cannot afford or stomach financial or family time loss. And yet here i am, luckily in a position to afford a holiday, but due to work commitments i simply can't take the time right now and will have to pay even more at Christmas to treat my kids (and i work fucking hard to be able to do that), and I'm the one thinking of others on a broader scale......funny that.

Like I've said, strike away if you feel you're being financially held to ransom, but do it with some consideration for other as unfortunate as you otherwise it just makes you look like a cunt.

THAT is 'Real world bud'.... just saying

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. for what its worth, i have zero sympathy for the strikers, and a deep dislike of unions that encourage their members to pull this issue at this time.
    we have had the Unite Union, amoungst others upping their activity and holding us to ransom up here over the last wee while. the Glasgow unequal pay dispute, they negotiated a decade ago. the teachers strike. ect. who incedently, lost a lot of public suport over their "demands". of a 12% rise accross the board.
    wrong time folks. do it when the bussness travaler is more likley to be affected.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. And that's all it takes, a more well thought out timing of events.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. It is unfortunate that Jo public gets the pain initially through any industrial action for which i have already stated.
    My concerns are for the workers that been forced into taking action which in my opinion outways your personal circumstances, i am sure we could all spout the rhetoric on the pro's and cons of this situation but gets us no where other than airing our views. Unions from what i gather nowadays are very proactive with the employers so this must have been a last resort action taken by the workforce.
    I don't see my views as blinkered i am sorry you do, and i am certain all the consideration was taken prior to this action . Cunts no , ordinary everyday people trying to get by in life.

12. No, not cunts when considering others

But yes, ordinary people trying to get by in life are most certainly the collateral damage caused by ill judged timing. My point all along

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It saves Climate Ridiculous having to get their drones out I guess :thinkingface:

14. No pain no gain........ If they striked at the least effective time i am sure there would comments on here saying they ain't going to achieve anything by doing it then the bunch cunts........

15. unfortunate my arse. they have deliberately targeted families, during the school holidays and either side of the weekend.

There is no "unfortunate" about it, it's deliberate and cannot be seen as anything else.

16. If I was in charge I'd sack the lot of em.....
    2.7% is way too generous.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. of course you would, of course it is...........and there lady and gentleman is the ugly face of capitalism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shoot them :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. There are way too many people who feel entitled rather than earn.....

Yours
    Council House boy made good through hard work without avarice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nah, i don't want you, can't stand people who blow there own trumpet.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information