1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sump Plug Washer

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Mr-Superlight, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Pretty simple query I hope - I'm about to do an oil change on my '96 SL and having reused the sump plug washer before I want a fresh one this time, especially as I'm suspecting it has been weeping just a tiny bit recently. Can I use an easier to source item or is it a ducati-specific item?

2. What's your address, I'll send you one

• Like Like x 2
  3. Use a blow torch to heat it till its a dull red, the quench it in water. Basically just re-annealing it. Ive done this umpteen times on sump washers. Coz I invariably forget to buy a new one.

4. ! That's really good of you - I wasn't trying to be tight but as I don't have a local dealer I thought It'd cost as much in postage as for the part and I don't need anything else from them right now. If there's a more common washer eg for a car then I'd drop onto a dealer.
    If you've a spare i'll send you my details and I'll return you one next time I get to a dealer or order parts.

5. It's not a genuine one though, it's the same size just a touch thicker. I bought a batch rather than pay Ducati tax. Free if it helps you out.

6. They are coppers (literally and figuratively), you won't need the overdraft. Buy a few as spares. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is very helpful. It would be even more helpful if you mentioned the relevant dimensions, or better still posted a link to somebody who sells the batches you got.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I bought some from ebaylast week. 5 for £1.20 inc pp. 22mm alloy washers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I just buy one of those copper washer assortment boxes for about £10 that you get at bike show, eBay Toolstation and Screwfix etc. Lasts ages.

10. AS above & Halfords, can use your card

Do Not Sell My Personal Information