1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Awesome mate, thanks for the tip :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. After all that, my mates decided to take the bike with him when he leaves, but this has planted a seed, so may well start looking for another used example as a "Sunday blast bike" as it was such a grin inducing machine. Thanks to all for your help, will keep you posted......

3. The funny thing about that case was one of the people who was an expert witness to this brake failure was non other than Mick Grant. Ktm at the time said it was the super dukes owners fault that the front brakes failed as all superduke owners needed to make sure that the brakes were washed and dried after every single winter ride.

4. I've been scouring eBay and Bike Trader today looking at these, very interested now. Seems to tick every box for me. Looks like the white one is a special edition (looks great), think the black with black frame and orange look great aswell.

While perusing i did think to myself time and time gain when will Ducati release a new Streetfighter?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. @Pavey... You ridden one yet ? Hell of a motor :upyeah:

6. Not yet, day 1 of my interest has started today, reading this thread! Thanks!

Sorely tempted to go and look at one in the showroom, however once the salesman starts talking that's normally me putting pen to paper and signing up to more finance! I justify it as the bike i buy will be used for committing too, so it's a trade off against British Rail.

7. They are a weapon, my mate said to me when I rode his, "under no circumstances crack the throttle in 1st, probably 2nd too". I ignored him and all I saw was land then sky, then land then sky over and over, thing is a weapon, it only calmed down a bit in 4th. So when its your turn, keep the anti wheelie on !! With the electronics on, its a very very good all rounder, if it had just a little bit more room, could be an only bike, but if I get one, will keep the multi for touring, but other than that, SDR very hard to fault.... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reading articles today it does seem like it can do everything; track, touring, commuting, a one bike for every purpose machine.

Have never really researched KTM but they sound like they are very reliable even if used daily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Have always loved the sound of them too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Got 2 SDs in the club and both have had issues. Leaky radiator, failed display, failed heated grips and a few minor niggles. Sound familiar ? 1 rider okay with it, 1 most definitely not. Andy

11. Any idea what the dealerships are like with regards to those woes?

12. I spent a day test riding the Super Duke GT and then the R and I was surprised at how much better the R felt, given that the GT has semi-active suspension. Admittedly I didn't check on how the GT had been set up (and maybe played with by previous riders) but the R just felt so much more composed, around town, on country lanes and on the motorway. Also, loved the new TFT instrument panel on the R.

13. And IMO, the GT not exactly a looker from the front either...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You can't buy my SMT now. Sold it Saturday and drove all the way to Blackburn yesterday to buy its replacement. There's now another KTM, an 1190 Adv sitting next to the Superduke. :D

15. It would look much better if it was orange or orange and white like the 1290 Adv S.

16. GT suspension needs to be set up, even if it is via menu buttons.
    Comfort mode is waste of time if you like to make progress as it just wallows.
    Touring ok.
    Sport is where its at. Front works, rear has less squat on corner exit.

Now running mine in sport plus luggage. This has in affect lifted the back, or firmed the back a bit. Turns in nice now.
    One thing that is true about the semi active suspension is that it takes a while to bed in. Its firm and not very plush for the 1st 2k. No idea why but it works better now.

17. Radiator fixed without question on one bike, display failure on the other not quite so enthusiastic. Oddly, I think it's the same dealer for both bikes. Andy

18. BTW, was very cack handed with the GT tonight heading back from Hardknott pass with a fistfull of throttle in 2nd, thank fcuk for traction control!! It was a bit spectacular...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Redline KTM in Loughborough are absolutely superb by the way.

The lads there are extremely helpful in terms of service and or warranty work, so if they're within distance I'd recommend them every time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information