1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Maybe next year but this slip on sounds bloody good to be fair.

IMG_7469.JPG

2. Must do. You've scared everyone off..:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Ah, loomies, Will be there again this week once off shift, may see you there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haven't seen that colour scheme before @Jimmy899 , thought it was either all black or the orange one, whereas yours is black with white touches. Looks great mate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is the Akra slip on expensive?

6. The Akra slip on is free with Premier bikes of Didcot. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bit late though if you already bought your bike @Pavey :rolleyes:

8. Ha ha, not yet. Waiting to see the outcome of my one first, if it is fixable (if there is something wrong with it).

9. £700 otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. There are better deals to be had than just the slip on FOC ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good luck mate, let me know if you get one, I'm considering it myself, and by coincidence, got a letter back from the KTM dealer today, so will let ya know

12. Hmm. Pray tell ? Be interesting to hear other deals

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The RRP of my bike was over 16k with accessories but I paid a few hundred quid under 15. The trick is to hide the grin after the test ride and let them know you're also looking at the new Tuono, which I was to be fair.

I probably should have held off until the the middle of winter for a better deal but I couldn't resist. The biggest cost is activating stuff that's already on the bike, essentially I wanted those bits for free and some more :)

I took it to Race By Design yesterday to get a paint protection kit fitted, as like all new bikes, the paint seems a little soft. I went to look at a black one with under 800 miles and the condition of the paintwork was awful, I'm guessing it was a Friday job or carelessness by the owner, but it help sway me to go grey/white/orange.

Now at 400 miles after 2 rides and I can feel it opening up, it almost makes me think the demo bike was restricted, but it's more likely the sound of the Akra adding to the occasion.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Never pay full price for anything KTM. The bikes are always discounted at some point and there's always deals on parts and accessories if you shop around.

The white and copper-coloured 1290 SE wasn't that popular on showroom floors, until they started banging them out at under 12K. Suddenly there's loads on the street. The last of the 1190 Advs were going out at 10K in the end, down from 14.
    If you can't get a new bike off your local dealer for the best price nationally try sweetening it with a full system for £1500. There's always deals to be done as long as you're not queueing at the door on March 1st with the full asking price in your hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. The deal Premier bikes offered me was this, bike I spec'ed was £17671. Price offered with no pex paying in all pound notes with no finance £16600. Now considering the free exhaust can is £700, I did'nt think a grand off in total was that much to shout about, so I have counter offered them at £15500. Wish me luck :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good luck. It may or may not be a good time for haggling. With the new reg numbers just out and buyers looking for trade-ins and PCP deals, dealers may not be too hungry just yet. The middle of winter will be a different matter, especially if they haven't shifted enough 67 regs by end of Jan/beginning of Feb when a truck load of '18 plate bikes are only a month away.

17. That's what I figured mate, am in no hurry, so may go in balls deep around xmas :upyeah:

18. Had a sit on one this morning. No where near as tall as the aprilia and couldn't believe how small and narrow it looked.

#138 bradders, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. If you see a load of 125, 390, 690 and 1290 Dukes side by side in a showroom they all look the same size. Its a kob to spot the big un without clocking the engine or the numbers on the tank. I've got an idea that the 1290 is the lightest by-capacity V-twin production engine ever made.
    The bike is as light as a Streetfighter with 20 more bhp, 20 more lb/ft of torque and 200 more cubes and it feels lighter on its feet (though TBF with a little fettling the SF can be turned into a housefly).

20. I saw one today in the flesh, first time i have ever seen a Superduke. Was parked up in Belgravia, near Victoria Station. Quite a bit smaller than i imagined, not in a bad way. Pretty sure it was this model, the copper paint is metallic, like a burnt Orange?

Looked very nice, if a little lairy.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information