1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Mk2 No.006

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Coose, Aug 18, 2020.

1. love an SL and like your ramp too

2. Welcome to the forum

3. Hello , nice little project.

4. Now then old bean!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eyup! I made it here at last....

6. Welcome, need to get some bin pics in

7. So it’s a race to first to the MOT!

8. Booked for Friday morning. I didn't get back in time tonight and the man is busy tomorrow.

A little more fettling occurred tonight though; new non-resistor plug caps, new front brake fluid reservoir, number plate mount squared up.
    I'm sure I'll find something to do tomorrow.... ;)

9. Literally pics of our bins? That can be arranged - we have many!

10. I see your in Malton, you must have a 2 stroke in that collection I guess :thinkingface:

11. Welcome to the forum.

12. Only a few.... ;)

13. DB will be on your case :innocent:

14. See, told you :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Welcome to the forum

16. MOT passed this morning with a couple of advisories as I expected, but what I didn't expect was a strange rattle from the back wheel. On closer inspection a steel bush from the centre of one of the cush drive rubbers had dropped out, but more worrying is that one of the pins has also snapped! I'm going to order a used sprocket carrier to salvage the pins from, and I'm hoping I can glue the steel bush back in for the time being until I get the wheels powder coated, when I'll fit new rubbers.

It was an eventful ride afterwards, where I lost bolts out if the seat unit (dammit) and also the hugger, but more worrying is that I noticed the swinging arm pivot bolt trying to make an exit! o_O
    The clamps were tight but luckily I'd taken a few tools so I could push it back in, but I'll have a better look at it.
    There's a good 39t sprocket in the box of bits that I got with it so I'll throw that on to replace the existing 37t whilst I have the wheel out.

The chassis is lovely, although the Harris clip-ons are not good on my arthritis at slow speeds. It feels a lot like my sorted KR-1, just a little bigger. :upyeah:

I need to do a bit of work on the jetting as the power seems to stop dead at 7k (FCR41s on what I believe to be a stock motor and ignition, jetted as they came from Sudco), and the tickover is lumpy but I've just ordered some 52 pilots.
    Maybe I'm just used to the Katana and my Z1000....

I need to do the belts but I'll triple-check the cam timing, just in case. Who is the go-to for belts etc.?

I did say I wanted a project! ;)

IMG_20200821_104752061_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200821_172242567.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh, I forgot to mention. My MOT man has Superlight MkIV no.333 in for some work. :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. OK, but there are tits on some of the adverts so think carefully :thinkingface: stock is in Monday...

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information