1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Mk2 No.006

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Coose, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Hello and welcome dude. More pics please, we like pics and sl's

2. The only tit I've seen was riding a BMW GS in an advert for Bennetts! :joy:

Subscribed, belts paid for and a PM has been sent. Cheers! :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steady... there’s a few tits on here who own a GS. I’m one of them unfortunately.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. And @Robarano the tit, he has one too :eyes:

5. Oh yes.. Titty boy Rob, how could I forget....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I had a GS once, don't worry.... ;)

7. :no_mouth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dammit, engine rebuild time. There's not much, but not much is probably too much..... :confused:

IMG_20200826_140328022.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. welcome coose'

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi and welcome to our forum enjoy your first Ducati experience

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Thanks! It's not going too well so far... :joy:

12. Magnetic or non - magnetic?

13. It's aluminium. I'm going to nip to the shop this morning to see if I can buy a small mirror on a stick. It's worth a try before I pull the engine out.

14. Hi, I’m afraid mirrors on sticks and even endoscopes can’t help you see where you need to look.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. There is some evidence your crank gallery plug is backing out, but there will be far more shavings than your picture shows before it is catastrophic. However, they may already have been stealthily removed by the previous owner.
    If you know for sure the coarse filter has not been cleaned in a good few thousand miles, you could replace the oil and cartridge filter and check the coarse filter, say, every thousand miles for more shavings, as those in the pictures could have been there from the initial break-in. There are risks to this of course, but weigh that against the strip costs, and only you can decide.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Yep, you're absolutely right. I've just tried...
    Having looked at a set if cases on eSkip it's impossible to see the crank through that hole, and I think that if anyone tells you that they've checked it by that means is lying through their teeth....

Having only owned the bike for a couple of weeks and knowing that it hasn't done a lot in recent years I have no clue as to how far out the plug may be, so I don't have a great deal of choice. I don't really want to find out the hard way.

I've put up a wanted ad for a motor with all of the bits that I'd ideally like as you just never know what people may be tripping over in the garage, although this one will get rebuilt as it's the one that the bike originally came with. :):upyeah:

17. Minimum intervention for checking the gallery plug is to remove one cylinder.
    The alternative (and necessary if an issue is found) is to split the crankcases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes, you're right but would you see it with the front cylinder off? If not it means taking the motor out anyway....

19. Yes, You will see it with either cylinder removed

• Like Like x 1
  20. Having had a lengthy conversation with a chap I know who has a selection of Ducatis that I do classic track days with, I've put it back together with new belts, oil and filter and I'll do a few miles and check the screen again so I have a point of reference. I think I know what's going to happen, but I live in hope... ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information