1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Replica

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by bikemad, Jul 31, 2018.

1. I'm trying to source a set of upswept cans for a Superlight replica.
    Question: Some of the ads on eBay list the same cans as for a 851, is this true?
    Any info gratefully received.

2. Thanks for that info, I read conflicting reports about the 851/888 cans fitting a 900sl. I checked the Silmotor part numbers for both(900sl vs 851/888) and they are different.
    So I don't know what the difference is, but the ad for Spark exhaust cans state they are the same?
    Confusing!

3. Many thanks for the info and I did a bit of homework.
    I'm in West Australia and I managed to find a local supplier on the Oz East coast that could supply a set of C/f superlight Silmotor cans and they were posted from Italy yesterday.
    I got quotes from Europe and the local supplier was actually cheaper.

This may be of help
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threa...uperlight-style-exhaust-how-to-get-one.54814/[/QUOTE]

4. And that’s what you have to remember about the internet..........opinions are like arseholes........everyone’s got one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. and they all Stink:upyeah:

6. Mine does, of roses :)

7. The European Silmotor distributor said that 851/888 did not fit a 900ss or sl, but they could supply cans to fit a 900ss or sl.
    All sorted now.

8. Some have two. My wife for instance.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. i need two.......

10. Silmotor CF cans fitted.
    They come with the hanger brackets so an easy fit.

DSCN2081.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  11. Nice one, just need the tail section now :upyeah:.

12. That reply implies you have more than one :astonished:

13. I do have single seat, there is a workbench behind the bike with the seat unit sitting on the bench. I need to get a decal set and the seat painted and we are there. The bike is 944cc with Keihin 41mm flatslides so its a hoot to ride!!

14. Did spy that in the background, but wasn't sure it was an s/l unit.
    If your looking for a couple of number "1's" once you've got it painted and the number boards on
    let me know, I may have a couple.

15. Decal are available from Images works in the UK, very good quality, it's what I have on my single seat.

16. Thanks!

17. Can the "Image Works" supply a mixture of decals. Super
    Do you think that "Image Works" can supply a mixture of model decals? Supersport for the fairing and Superlight decals for the seat unit? I would like to get a spare set of fairings painted at the same time.

18. Yep, Mines a Supersport with a single seat, all the decals came from Image works and tell them if you want to lacquer over the top as per the original as the thickness is different. All these are from Image Works. 15353708895984484689700119639436.jpg 15353709192351014191385716970632.jpg 15353709466033884272265334417200.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks, I'll chase them up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information