1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Single seat unit showing all the brackets etc in place.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by sim900sl, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Those are the pictures I used^ made 2 sets, one for the 600 and one set for the 750ss :) image.jpeg

Oh how I miss the red one :(

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Front brackets still available from ducati.

3. I know that the question has been asked before... But are the seat pads still available?

4. The later type are available, I bought a set. Not sure about the MK1 type.

5. I just got some from Stein-dinse, i had to order them but they are oem quality, i do not know the difference in type so cannot comment here.

6. If anyone wants to measure up with as many dimensions as possible I can model and create a file for laser cutting - Autocad or dxf. Or just a full size templet to print and cut out yourself and bend. Measure the other bracket as well.

seat brkt 1-page-001.jpg

Cheers Gaz.

seat brkt 1-page-001.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Gaz, yes please, I have just ordered a seat from disco volante, and seat pad and other brackets from Mdina Italia :)

8. Are the brackets no longer available from Ducati? I did order and get some from Ducati 3 months ago, i am saying this as the brackets that came seem to be of strong stuff, not just mild. when assembled they seem to be "springy" when your weight is upon them.
    Now i am not saying that they cannot be drawn and cut because clearly they can but is this something that you have thought of or am i imagining this "feel". Maybe if done in stainless or slightly thicker it may be better.

9. Hi spike I have emailed Mdina Italia this morning with a comprehensive list, and have requested if any further brackets are available, will let everyone know when I get a response

10. All the brackets are still available from Ducati ! I have just had some delivered and speaking to Moto Rapido they are not flagged as low stock
    This is a pic of My single seat unit from MK1 SL #110 the brackets shown are all still available from Ducati and well worth putting on if yours are missing as they take the load of the 4 mounting bolts.
    If yours hasn't got any brackets you will 2 off each of the following part numbers.
    [TABLE="class: cms_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl65, width: 282, bgcolor: transparent"]Bracket Rear [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl64, width: 112, bgcolor: transparent"]83010761A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Rubber Pad Rear[/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl64, bgcolor: transparent"]86610131A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Bracket Front[/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl64, bgcolor: transparent"]83011261A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Rubber Pad Front ( same as Tank mounting Rubbers)
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl64, bgcolor: transparent"]86610111A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

11. Simon, all bits ordered from Mdina Italia, v helpful guys includes all the seat brackets woo hoo. Al you have no excuse now, all parts are available incl brackets, seat pads and seats. Thanks for all your help and advice guys

12. Just a word of caution the MK1 SL seat pads are no longer available (much thinner than the Mk2, 3 , 4 , 5 & FE

#32 sim900sl, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  13. It's a aftermarket one from disco volante made in Italy if need be I will reinforce with glass fibre

14. Keep an eye out on eBay. Original, unused OEM Ducati seat units sometime become available.

I got lucky. Had to travel to Surrey to collect it, but well worth the journey :biggrin:

15. All brackets and rubbers arrived today. Also received the seat foam genuine ducati all from mdina, just waiting for the aftermarket seat base to arrive. Will use pics posted to locate all Brkts cheers guys

16. Itemised costs?

AL

17. Al the break down of costs are as follows
    Seat Pads Genuine £109
    Rear Brkts Gen £ 13.50 X2
    Rear Rubbers gen £10.80 X2
    Front Brkt Gen £31.32 X2
    Front rubbers £12.34 X2
    All plus VAT
    Then the seat unit in red gel coat is £103
    Then on top off that paint
    It wasn't cheap but I want to get it right and it is a keeper.
    Then on top of that about to send off my suspension to FTR to get it serviced and set up , plus all the other bits my estimate of £1k is looking woefully inadequate, double it plus 50% I reckon that's without the motor being touched which will have too wait till next year when I hope to get it either taken to 944 plus FCR's or just swap it for a later bigger motor and then get it blueprinted by G-Tec :)
    Ducati 900 a/c the crack cocaine of the biking masses

18. Fark!!

All that expense, just to make sure I leave 'her' at home............Cheaper to buy her a dvd, some chocolates and a bottle of booze.

Well, I may not want the seat pad, cos I was thinking of using the race seat foam as I am a shorta*se...........but hell, the cost of the brackets is astron / astromo / 'kin high innit? For a few bits of tin??

AL

• Like Like x 1
  19. It is stupidly expensive, tbh the Brkts themselves could be made a damn site cheaper than gen prices. I actually think the seat pad is the most reasonable part. None of the above includes bolts etc; tbh if I wasn't such an inpatient prick I would have made my own. Or you could get a pillion seat cover and tell her it can't /won't come off

20. I have got the pillion seat cover, but I want a single seat because I have HL pipes and the MOT tester insists on pillion footpegs being fitted for the test...........and although I have made some which work fine, I'm fed up with puttin' 'em on and takin' 'em off.

AL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information