1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Single seat unit showing all the brackets etc in place.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by sim900sl, Nov 16, 2013.

1. have to be mindful most of the images online may not be of standard original bikes, internet came much later than these bikes so an unmolested bike image is hard to find, I'd suggest the supplied image represents a modified SL, the 851 & 888 had the helmet lock on the R/H side upper frame rail just forward below fuel tank, but early SL see att. granted not a quality item but helmet lock loop is visible on this early image.

EDIT: I sit corrected, see later edit.
    900slScan.jpg

#81 WAH900ss, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. My MkV frame ('96) has both, the actual lock was positioned as your photo. Not that I ever wanted to use it, but it's a totally useless location, unless you've got the 1/2 fairings

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. yes agreed, the location(s) are not the best, the b/w image is allegedly a pre production model.

EDIT: fitting kit as listed for SL 94 to 97 upon Stein Dinse parts catalogue PN 83010791A (see box out detail) this SL item is not listed for the earlier SL.
    [​IMG]

#83 WAH900ss, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Just joined the forum, so forgive me if this has been answered already. I'm after a seat unit mounting bolt for my 96 Superlight, because one of them unscrewed itself and fell out last weekend. Part number is 77910941A and they all seem out of stock when I've looked online. All you people who fit single seats to 900SS bikes - what do you use for bolts? Are you all the reason I can't find one anywhere? ;)
    Seriously, does anybody know somebody with a CNC lathe who makes these?
    Here's a pic of my ride (not showing the missing bolt!)

IMG_6223.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Finally found a couple of seat bolts on eBay (from the US) so I have one spare. Need to check they are tight before every ride.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information