1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supermoto For Winter

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by tcrofty7, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Hi All,

I want to continue riding through the colder months with a supermoto but i really struggle to find tracks around me, or anywhere infact, that allow these bikes on their tracks. I'm Lincoln based.

Any one on here do this sort of thing?

[​IMG]

2. Please don't suggest motorcross. Been there, done that and found i'm shit at it!!! First go at it and i broke both wrists and collar bone. One wrist was so bad it's now plated with hundreds of screws.

3. A quick call to Pete Boast/UK Flat Track may get you pointed in the right direction - I realise their discipline is flat track, but there's a good chance they'll know where the nearest Supermoto tracks/events might be - and they're based in your neck of the woods

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Have you tried any go-kart tracks?

5. Thanks. I've sent Pete an email

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not yet. There's an indoor track in Lincoln and a really good track on the A46 near Newark Showground. I have looked at their website but they mention nothing about pitbikes/minimotos etc.

7. I used to use Reading go cart track many years ago . Slid off a lot in winter though even with the stickiest / wets fitted
    I get my all year round kicks green laning now . Have you thought of that ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. No i haven't. Don't you use a motocross bike for green laning? The issue i have with notifies type bikes is that they are way too tall for me.

Happy to hear more though.

9. Blyton Park used to have supermoto events.

10. No , you need a road legal bike for green laning.
    Lots of options for the short of leg , from lightweights bikes like the Freeride or just lowering an enduro / trail bike.

11. Just noticed the pic you posted ... that’s a pit bike not a supermoto
    Supermotos are dirt bikes with 17” wheels , so also pretty tall

12. I got these, low seat height, low power 250 cc’s nice and steady no drama ...cheap fun in any weather

C290F975-5504-4B00-B26A-E1701E4E0D03.png

EE2A7CFD-F026-4864-B63D-414A8D445CF2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. See, I don't even know what I'm talking about!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I've seen that too but it's in London. If someone did that in Lincolnshire then that's what I'd go and do!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information