1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport Off Road For Warranty Repair

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Derek, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Would be a nice "gesture of goodwill" if they were to return the bike with an accessory trinket included to off-set the inconvenience.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The dealer may not, but if you ring Ducati Uk or email , politely explaining your frustrations, they sometimes send a goodwill gesture.

Hope you get sorted soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aye well! My Scrambler was in for a couple of weeks for a warranty repair (broken gear change return spring). A few weeks after I got it back I received a package from Italy. It was a Scrambler picnic blanket! It has lain in a cupboard ever since.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Are o rings not a relatively universal item, rather like fasteners?

5. For every other motorcycle manufacturer, the answer the that question is probably yes. Having work alongside an acknowledged Ducati parts guru, I’m disappointed that there is little or no original manufacturer’s information available on their system to source things like nuts, bolts, bearings, oil seals and ‘O’ rings. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. I suppose if they don't supply info on the spec of their o rings, you have to source them from Ducati, rather than elsewhere at a fraction of the price...

7. just getting the parts would be nice. over a month now, still no fork seals and brake pads.
    they are in the post. apparently.

8. Whether they are or not since it is a warranty repair they have to come in a Ducat packet to maintain the warranty.

9. Ducati recently moved their warehouse and as a result there has been huge delays in getting some parts.

10. ah, cheers, fair do's. communication brake down. :upyeah:

11. The more I think about this the more convinced I am that I'm being strung along.
    Firstly, I doubt that it would take over a week from parts being ordered to them arriving in the UK, although with the warehouse it might do.
    Secondly, although the o-rings are almost certainly generic parts and they will insist that they come from a Ducati packet to maintain the warranty, the same o-rings are used on the 1200 and 950 Multis, Diavels, 1200 and 821 Monsters, Hyperstrada, Hypermotard and 848, 1098 & 1198 engines. It's very hard to believe that they don't keep any in stock.[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. That ‘O’ ring is also the same as the one on the quick release fuel connectors and would be something any Ducati parts department should have in stock by the bucket load, well plastic bag load. If you want some by Tuesday next week give Luke a ring at Moto Rapido, he has them in stock. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. I appreciate your frustrations at not riding your desired bike at this time of year, personally I wouldn’t over think it ( been there in peak season).
    If it goes on for a prolonged period, then yes , voice up as suggested. (Dealer, Ducati UK & if on finance- they are your friend).

In the meantime, switch off mate, you have access to a couple of bikes - go out , ride & enjoy.

Enough challenges & stresses in life, this will soon be a distant memory of the past.

14. What's a bus journey?

#34 JoeC, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  15. I think it's what poor common people use?

• Useful Useful x 2
  16. How fascinating...

17. Well I had a call from the dealer today. The parts have indeed arrived from Italy and my bike will be worked on tomorrow. They had seen my comments on here and were keen to stress that parts, even o-rings, are often updated and their specification changed and it is important, particularly for a warranty claim that the latest parts are fitted. Fair enough, there is no arguing with that. The good news is that I will have my bike back by the end of the week :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. And hopefully a Supersport blanket for your troubles! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. That remains to be seen but I expect that I might have a call from Italy to ask if I am happy with the service I have had. They did for the Scrambler.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information