1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension Help!! V4s Street Fighter

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Matthew Mousa, Jul 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi,,

i picked up my V4S few days ago,, and on the way home i swore the first thing i would do is reduce the tension in the spring by few turns, i have 7 threads showing above the Spring now,,, It helped massively and the bike became so comfortable,,, BUT!!! every time i role of the throttle, change gear down or ride over a bump i hear a smack, like two plates of metal clapping? btw i am a shade under 160lbs, has anyone come across this before???

This happens in fixed settings and dynamics thumbnail_20200721_211746.jpg

View attachment 211652

2. Thread moved

3. Take it back, no way a £20k bike should behave in this manner, sounds like a potentially serious or unsafe fault.

4. Do you have the stock exhaust?

5. It’s probably nowt to worry about but as said above, it’s brand new, take it back and have the dealer give you their verdict.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds like the suspension is bottoming out. I would add some preload and see if you still experience the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is that a gap between the pre-load nut and lock nut?

8. Just noticed you've trimmed your avatar. Always felt the original could be construed both ways and therefore didn't see it as potentially offensive to the "fun sponges". Hope you did not succumb to them.

9. Unfortunately "I" haven't edited it at all, logged on one day and it was different, no explanation or request or anything, today's woke world, everyone's a victim, you have no personal rights unless you are a minority.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Take it back to the dealer.

Could be anything, and probably nothing sinister but worth a check over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. yes

12. i really dont think its bottoming out as it happens on low speed and am a fairly light rider

13. guys here are my settings,, i dont think the suspension is bottoming out when i get someone slightly heavier than me
    the Missus o_O sit on it it moves down apx 25mm,, which i think is ideal???

as for the preload and lock nut they cant be smacking against one another they both turn when i lock the lock nut,, (so Sealed shut)

the dealer is 80 miles away so am hoping to figure this out on my own and with your help..

best matt ps

i have attached my fixed settings

settings.PNG

14. @Matthew Mousa . Have you considered asking Ducati Cambridge to have a look ? They are probably only 20 minutes ride from you and the staff there seem reasonably helpful whenever I have popped in.
    You may not want to as I guess if you thought they were fabulous you would have bought the bike from them rather than another dealer 80 miles away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm bit heavier than you but have left everything stock with no problems at all. if in doubt teh best man in East Anglia will be Darren at http://mctsuspension.co.uk/Home.html problem is, he works part time and is usually massively pre-booked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. That is a shame, my local Ducati dealer has full stock of all bikes Ducati has to offer and are helpful with shipping and such. I buy bikes that are 3000 miles away frequently and will either ship them or fly out and ride home. No geographical limitations here.

17. No wait list for new streetfighter at all??

18. Matt, this may be a dumb response however did you check the slack in the drive chain? Almost sounds like it could be a chain issue with your comment about when you shift or roll off the throttle. Just a thought. I do not leave anything up to someone else to check, I have seen stuff on brand new vehicles that would make one cringe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  19. Thank you,, if i cant solve this here i will go to him for help..

best
    Matt

20. Am Not sure i understand what you mean?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information