1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension Help!! V4s Street Fighter

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Matthew Mousa, Jul 21, 2020.

Tags:

1. Scott i think you are the winner!!!

it looks like the chain is hitting the under side of the cover,,, but its strange the chain dose not look too loose (no Sage) but it definitely hit the cover above and that's the smacking sound,,, there is no room for the chain to bounce the narrow end is 15mm

any thoughts thumbnail_20200722_125023.jpg
    thumbnail_20200722_125947.jpg

2. sorry was asking Scott about wait list for SF in the US cos he said he can get any bike any time. good to hear you might have sussed the problem :)

3. i have edited the content to be clear

Its and its not the chain !!!

its the chains thats slaming aginst the swing arm (SMACK SMAK) as Scot ward pointed out (welldone that man)

the gap between the swing arm and the chain is 15mm

but its Its not the chain
    .. that is out of place or lose as its as manufacture recommended 24mm exactly,,

So Am not sure what to do now,,,

#23 Matthew Mousa, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  4. Not At all,

re problem, we are half way there :)

best regards
    Matt

5. take it back to the dealer - even if they are a distance away - or ask them to pick it up

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Beat me to it Scott,

First thing I thought of was chain slap, if it’s hitting the underside of the swing arm, shouldn’t there be a nylon slider to protect the swing arm?

Can you see any witness marks on underside of swing arm or top of exhaust tip?

7. Let me know what bike your looking for and I will locate it. My local dealer has every model in stock with the exception of the premium race Panigali. That bike needs to be pre-purchased ($100,000.00 USD) before it is ordered directly from the factory.

8. My local dealer has one in stock now with the Akropovic full race titanium system installed ($5000.00USD) upgrade. I believe the sticker for the bike is around $25K USD plus the exhaust.

#28 Scott Ward, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  9. Chain looks tight to me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information