1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Suspension Lowering

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by J.R. 9/11, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Hi, this is a question on behalf of my Mrs. She currently rides a 2015 Fireblade, the seat height of which is 820mm and she just about manages to reach the ground 'comfortably' (she is only 5'6").
    The seat height spec on the 1299 is showing as 832mm.

Is is possible to reduce the suspension height by 12mm or more using the suspension settings, or would a lowering kit be required (assuming there is one available)?
    Thanks in advance.
    J.R.

2. Yes there is quite a bit of adjustment on the height of the rear shock, probably 20-30mm or so from memory. The adjustment is at the front of the shock. Take the weight off the rear of the bike - I use a ratchet strap upto the ceiling rafter. Take the bolt out of the front rose joint, loosen the clamping bolt and you can screw in the rose joint.

3. You will need to lower the front also to maintain the correct geometry.

You could adjust the front a little using the preload but not alot and not ideal.

Try her on the bike. The seat maybe higher on the Pani but it's narrower too so may actually feel the same as the Blade in the real world.

Hope she enjoys the bike either way.

4. I forgot to do this when I lowered the bike the day it got it. Must admit the steering felt much better when I raised the seat back up again :astonished:

I'm only 5'7". I lowered it because I thought I'd feel more comfortable, but actually after a couple weeks put it back up again - and its fine.

5. As it’s a much narrower bike your legs aren’t as far apart or bent so I doubt there would be much difference.

I wouldn’t Mess With the suspension geometry. It’s easy to grind to sliders on these as it is

I would personally take some padding out of the seat before I lowered it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Okay thanks for the replies chaps, I need to get her on one and take it from there, I know she won't take too much in the way of convincing!
    Cheers.
    J.R.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information