1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension Mods

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by David Hales, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ok so what's the best suspension mods

2. Replace your forks, check on here or on Ducati.ms but I think the forks off a monster( not sure which ) gives full adjustment. Next stop is ohlins shocks, fork revalve re sprung etc. how much you want to spend ?

3. Depends how much you want to spend. I got a smoother ride on poorly surfaced roads by changing the fork springs on a GT1000 to Hyperpro progressive springs.

Each to his or her own and all that. :smiley:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agreed,i changed mine to progressive fork springs amazing difference on the wrists and a pair of yss shocks,they are awesome.

5. On my SS, the best suspension mod I did was to replace the fork oil with lighter stuff. They actually worked then.

6. I think its the monster S4R if you can find a pair!, I put on standard forks from a 1098, 500 quid from eBay and had them serviced, then bought the triple clamps to suit world of difference and picked up radial callipers on eBay. worked out cheaper than buying Ohlins as well. only problem with this route you have to think about changing wheels. All worth it if your keeping the bike they keep going up in value :wink:
    Performanceparts | Triple tree set Ducati Sportclassic without steering damper attachment | CNC parts online

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have the s4r forks on mine, revalved re sprung etc by k tech and a bloody good job they are.

• Like Like x 1
  8. What calliper sand discs are you using?

9. Standard disks with four pot brembos , I had to have them altered on a cnc machine to give clearance with the spokes .

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information