1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Suspension Settings

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stef, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Hey everyone. I had a quick look on the forum and I couldn't find it. Is there a way to go back to the "default" settings on the suspensions? I just bought a 2nd hand 1299 (not s or anything fancy) and it feels a bit hard on the front compared to the 959 I had.

If not, has anyone ever tried any place in London where they can do suspension set ups? A few people mentioned to me these guys ( https://traxdenmotorcycles.co.uk/ ) who also do suspensions apparently.

Any other ideas/suggestions? I saw that a while back someone suggested the Ohlins app, but I don't have the stand to lift the rear wheel, and I don't trust too much my abilities at measuring and being precise haha

Thank you all, as always

2. The suspension on a 1299S with the electric adjusters can be reset on each mode individually (race, sport, wet) via the dash menus. If the mode indicator is green then the values are at the default settings. If it is orange then they have been customised.

1299 base - get your tools out and the manual.

3. Yes, as he says. Plus, there is a reset to default setting if I remember correctly.

4. Thank you both! Jolley unfortunately my "reset to default" will have to be with tools haha! I don't have an S, and I don't trust myself doing it

5. In that case, settings are in the owners manual.

6. Sorry for the stupid questions, it's that I've never done it, and I've no idea about how to approach this :)

7. We all have to start somewhere!... I’ll see what I can dig out from the workshop manual.

8. Oh wow!! Thank you so much! If there's any info/help about how to proceed (as in: shall I go -stupid example- "all the way clockwise first?" )with that, it would be just amazing!! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!!!!!

9. Thanks! I saw it, but I'm missing 2 things: the stand and his abilities ha!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information