1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Gt250 Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Mark9, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Ha, yes the good old days of racing neck to neck with your mate then reaching over and switching his ignition off, happy days :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah it was much easier to turn off when the keys were in the side panel!

3. Fork seals done, I didn’t want to take the stanchions out of the bike because that would mean having to faff about removing the headlamp and brackets which are supported by the stanchions, easy enough, for anyone doing a GT250A it’s 15w oil and only 145cc’s per leg, seems a really small amount but it’s correct.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It’s now the same as the one I had when 17 colour wise, I’ve used rattle cans and it’s not too bad, still needs a polish up with 1200 and fine cutting compound, nostalgia overload here for me! :) 5B6E224F-4476-43A5-91EA-8FF713FCE0A9.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Looks good. How does it ride compared to how you remembered?

6. Ive only ridden it up to 3rd gear so far Jez, still waiting for the registration to come through, so a quick blast on a private road, it will be similar to the T250 I had about 4 years ago though, the GT is basically the same bike with a few updates, that went surprisingly well, they are over 30bhp and don’t weigh very much, the thing to watch is the brakes, the T250 had a twin leading shoe, which the MOT tester described as the best he’d ever tested, I said “but it’s crap” he said “oh yes they are :)”, I don’t expect the front disc on this one to be much better!.

Just had a look at specs, 0 to 60 6.3 seconds, 90+ top speed, so acceleration is on par with a midrange car, no problem keeping up with modern traffic.

#46 Mark9, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  7. Yes they are fun to ride, and can get above the national speed limit easily. I rode several back in the day. It was more how the ride actually is compared to how you remembered your GT250 of yesteryear I was curious about.

Speaking of crap brakes, my TS185 has two of them. But if I don't ride by Monster for a while, they don't seem so bad!

8. That looks great. "Nostalgia overload" indeed :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information