1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sw Motech Blaze Panniers On Monster 1200r

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by dubcat, May 24, 2019.

1. I am taking my Monster 1200 R on tour so bought SW Motech Blaze panniers. They come with this vinyl sticker to protect the bodywork. Argh - it’s going to look well ugly with that on! Should I just remove the pillion seat cover instead? Sad to do that as it looks very nice! :( Is there any way to keep the pillion cover and not use the stickers? Any advice appreciated.

2. ps mate said you can just use some kind of grippy matt and take it off when not using panniers. Anyone got any experience of anything like that?

3. You can buy the anti slip mat from Halfords. I use it on my blaze panniers, I also put plenty of transparent sticker on, I don’t care how it looks short term as long as it protects my paintwork

4. You can buy a big roll of anti slip mat from Wilko's if you have one near you.
    They sell it as anti slip for cupboards shelves.
    (You can also use it to paint Carbon fibre effect)

5. Got some anti slip matt. Does this mean I can avoid putting the vinyls stickers on them?

6. Fit the panniers and see how much floating/rubbing they will do. The anti slip at will wear through after time and if a stone or bit of grit gets into the matting it'll cause chaos
    On my Hyper I put clear stickers on the bits that made the most contact, I think on my 899 I used the cover and not my pillion seat, I seem to remember it was OK, I may have put a microfibre cloth underneath the anti slip rubber

7. I used anti slip mat on my seat cowl with a Kriega us30 no issues at all

20190503_081726.jpg

8. Have you tried clear heli tape?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information