1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swirls

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Sambighair, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Well...i started on the paint of the recently acquired 1198s and 851, both of which had a fairly standard amount of paint defects, one or two minor stone chips with which i can live for the time being.
    Both had fairly heavy swirling, made more obvious as i have a few spot lights in the garage.
    20171220_185731.jpg
    1198s tank

Anyway, i got the d.a polishers out and started to make a bit of progress ( I use a das6+ and a veritool mini)
    Screenshot_20171218-205235.png

20171223_114226.jpg

And the 851....

20171226_100038.jpg
    Anyway, ill upload more pics throughout the winter as i make more progress.
    Roll on spring time eh?!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Nice work! I take it a Veritool mini is a machine polisher? I need to do my car....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looking good @Sambighair will look forward to seeing more photos as you progress with this :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yep it is....its got a 3" head ( titter) so fits into the undulations and crannies a bit easier than the bigger das6+

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. Cracking job, I've always been afraid to try a mechanical polisher but the results make me think more and more about having a go.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Good work. Need this doing to mine but as mentioned above it scares me!

7. The use of a dual action polisher is much easier and much much safer than a rotary one. Just start off nice and easy with a low cut polish and do abit of research and ask questions.....
    I find I still take it easy and would rather do another pass of the bike rather than be too aggressive on any one bit!

8. I am actually very happy to take any constructive criticism and am all ears to any tips from an experienced pro!

#9 Sambighair, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information