1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching From Ninja 400 -> Panigale 959

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Luke Smith, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Just got back from a test ride, impressions (don't forget i'm coming from a Ninja 400 POV):
    - Really nice sounding exhaust & loud.
    - Forearms and palms ached at first but i got use to it after 10 minutes.
    - I found it tricky to find the biting point with the clutch, i had to rev it quite a bit to get it going from standstill, i did also stall a few times because of this.
    - Had to move my foot a fair bit on the clutch lever to change gears and also accidentally kept knocking it into neutral a few times (small feet).
    - I left it in wet mode and it was still very fast from what i'm use too.
    - Balls of my feet touched the ground on both sides, was comfortable holding it up straight but i couldn't paddle it forward or backward.
    - Mirrors are awful.
    - Heat from the seat was bearable.
    - Turning circle is so bad, i had to get off and push it back around to do a 180.
    - You have to think and approach corners quite carefully @J biker actually pointed this out above.

I bought it.

I enjoyed it and i think it's something i can definitely grow into, just going to take it easy for the first few weeks.

Appreciate all the advice on here, see you on road!

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Congratulations. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good for you Luke. Sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Excellent ,
    Your confidence will gradually build and you will have a great time getting there :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. “Mirrors are awful” Yup, mostly pointless on a Ducati sports bike! Nice job fella, enjoy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Great choice :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yep all sounds about right :D congratulations

• Like Like x 1
  8. Congrats, it’s actually harder to ride around town in wet mode tbh. The throttle is dead and unresponsive, set it on sport mode and just build up to it. Glad you like it

• Like Like x 2
  9. Enjoy !

a lot of that stuff you’ll get used to, or can adjust (levers).

the clutch biting point is a Ducati thing. It’s why they’re often pants for race starts

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well done.

Looking forward to the photos.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information