1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Tail Tidy For My 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mike Knowles-Leak, Jul 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. This is my first post so apologies if its been done already but I was proud of my handywork! I always thought the rear indicator and number plate assembly was damn ugly on my 959. After a bit of research I found the Design Corse website and ordered the integrated tail light unit and the NRC number plate hanger.

https://www.designcorse.com/products/wl-integrated-tail-light
    https://www.designcorse.com/products/plate-bracket-nrc-panigale

After a lot of faffing trying to remove the plastics I have now managed to fit it all and think it looks miles better. Very pleased with the results but now need a 7x5 number plate to finish it off. Heres some pics before and after IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0309.JPG .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry but it looks a right mess I think :blush: the angles look all wrong, also the bottom of the plate looks really close to the tyre even without you sat on the bike, if you hit a dip in the road at speed and the suspension bottoms out is it gonna whip the plate off when it hits the tyre???

I wouldn't worry too much about what the plate holder looks like anyway, people will be too busy looking at those fugly shotgun pipes!! :scream:

Sorry, I'll get me hat n coat and bu66er off !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Evotech all the way for me

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. As @Gp80 says, Evotech all the way. Its just a cleaner solution.

5. Genuine DP is the best.

Matches the finish of the rest of the bike. Expensive but you get that back when you sell it on afterwards

6. Tell it like it is! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

7. In retrospect I hope my post didn't come over too abrupt to the O.P. Mike

My trouble is I've worked in engineering / design for the last 40 years and everything is either black or white, we tend to tell it like it is.
    Also I had half an eye on the safety aspect of things, plate wheel interference etc.

Perhaps Mike's first post would have been better asking who's using what type of number plate holders?
    I'm sure he's big enough to take things on board, no offence intended Mike, I'm just a bit blunt at times....ask my wife!!:p

• Like Like x 1
  8. IMG_4046.JPG I think if the bracket can be bent outwards to a less steep angle it will look fine and avoid the risk of wheel entanglement. I've got a 'Bruudt' tail tidy on mine.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information