1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tales From The Shed.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Nelson, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Thought I'd throw up a few pics of my current build./contraption.
    I think most people that read this part of the forum are very familiar with this type of build, so I wont blither on too much about air box mods etc etc!
    But will of course answer and questions and share intel :)
    First a few thanks and acknowledgements.
    FE for the yolk mod and disc.
    arlechino for the airbox
    Bettes and Si for the fairing service station rendezvous.
    Disco for the seat
    Cookster for lots of yummy parts from his bike
    Last but not least, ChrisW for stepping up with the vital adapter leads, when I thought all hope was lost!
    Still lots of work to do, but collected the frame from Steve Turner this morning and cracked on!
    IMG_2098.JPG
    IMG_2023.JPG IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2102.JPG IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2105.JPG IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2107.JPG IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2023.JPG IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2102.JPG IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2108.JPG IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2110.JPG

#1 Nelson, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 16
  2. lovely job - are you building them together?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dunno what's happened with the pics...:Bag:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. looking at that yoke mount, where the upper red tubing meets the black tubing - is it just the tightness of the fixing bolts alone that stops the whole tube swivelling?

5. Looks well yummy but strap them stands to the lift - one day we are going to see an awful mess in someone's garage floor - a simple slip / trip and nock into it and it's on the floor :Finger:

#5 Exige, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. The paddock stand?
    It's some dark, weird magic that's for sure!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. That's as maybe I just hope it isn't of the collapsing kind

8. Anyone an oil cooler pipe expert?
    The MTS engine I'm using has different pipe fixings (engine end) than the 848/1098. Therefore the oil pipes I was hoping to use won't fit. I had a good look around and the MTS ones are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! I took a gamble that the diavel ones would be suitable. Sadley they are too long also. Other than handing a large sum of money over to Pirtek. (Who were pretty disinterested when I called them BTW).
    Can they be shortened/re-ended? DIY?

Cheers

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

#8 Nelson, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ^ they're good - many around if you get on the blower, old school are always more helpful - I use Drake's hydraulics in Byfleet.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Holy Moly - you're fast as a flash! I saw your frame when I picked up my frame, wheels and swinging arm from Steve yesterday! Mine are just sitting waiting for attention...

... and there you are with nearly a bike again!

Respect!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. There's lots of fittings on ebay, but buggered if I know what I need, or trust myself...:Wideyed:
    Thanks chaps all very helpful!

12. Does a bloody first rate job doesn't he!

13. He does - all of my stuff is flawless. Not too expensive either!

14. great stuff Nelson... very jealous.. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. oK - I've swapped the fitting over on the cooler and it looks like all I need to do now is remove (cut off) the cooler ends of the oil pipes and add some old school ones to fit my new 'nip' type fitting.
    Appears sizes are 'AN' anyone know the actual size?

AN-10 looks favourite to me, but anyone know for sure.
    I seem to remember @Dukedesmo doing some mods to an oil cooler?

Cheers

16. Looking fab so far.
    What is the final concept to be?

17. Adventure track bike combo...:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wow
    wow...

19. Whenever I need an odd pipe I go to pirtek. Whatever size and length with any fitting . Even had metric one end and imperial the other .

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information