1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tales From The Shed.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Nelson, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Nice tank.

The front forks you have are the type I wanted as a felt they suited my bike better style wise. But couldn't find any at the time, doh!

Went for 1098 ones in the end. Look ok. Plus the 916 front mudguard fitted right on.

2. I believe they're from a 999R. Wouldn't know if they're any better or worse than the 1098 jobbies.
    I got them as a 'job lot' front end, which also included the Ohlins damper...:Cigar:

3. Okie dokie pig in a pokie.....
    Got to take the new contraption out on track yesterday. Very happy with the way she went!
    Suspension still needs a tweak here and there. Lots of power, very smooth delivery and the wettie/slipper clutch is a delight! Lot less engine braking than the SBK engines which actually really helps in the corners.
    Reckon we're going to be very happy together...:D
    IMG_2677.JPG

#103 Nelson, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 12

4. Odiham?

5. :upyeah:

6. Looks good mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I saw you there at the weekend but didn't get a chance to come say hi as was faffing with the photographers kit. How did you find the track?

8. Were you the official photographer?
    Track is pretty good. Great days out!

9. I was his bitch for the day ha ha. I do all the downloading and editing

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crack on loading then up! :D

11. IMG_2729.JPG Out playing today....Fab sunny day! :cool:

• Like Like x 7
  12. That sounds awesome and looks like a work of art Nelson.
    Quick question does Steve Turner trade in Melksham? And I guess the frame is painted but is the swingarm or is that powder coat? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ah I thought powder coating couldn't match the Ducati Red, but that looks spot on, thanks.

14. IIRC it's signal red.
    Just tell Steve it's a Ducati frame.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sorry - I don't remember the exact prices, pretty sure there's some indicative ones on his website.
    He is pretty competitive as no vat, or wasn't when he did mine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Guide prices are on his website.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Out today with added Bull...:cool:
    IMG_3618.JPG

#118 Nelson, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Well nice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Hey Nelson,
    Nice build! It's such a gas when it not only looks good, but also works on the track. Just looking at the photo above, noticed that your chain looks a little taught, does it have enough free play?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information