1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk To Me About 796 Exhaust Options...

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Ben Mallinson, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Morning all,

Yesterday, we bought a Ducati in the snow! Yep, never thought I'd be sayimg that one day. Long story short is, we have just bought a lovely M796 for Mrs M which will be coming home next time I'm home after having it's wheels painted and final prep before we collect it or have it delivered.

So we are looking for some thoughts and advice on the various exhaust options, these will be getting changed pretty sharpish after getting it home. Do the monsters require any mapping following fitting of a set of aftermarket cans or are they good to go and people generally don't bother?

Also, if anyone has any aftermarket exhaust they would like to sell feel free to pm me with some details.

Many thanks is advance folks :upyeah:

2. SC Project do a few options.
    Termi is obvious.
    I havetitanium Termis on my 1100. Nice and barky. Lots of pops on overrun.

3. I like Leo Vince , they sound good and are not as horribly expensive as Termis.

4. Thanks for the feedback fellas'... Any thoughts on mapping for when we swap or is this not and issue with with the 803cc power unit?

5. Done some more digging about on the exhaust front and it looks like Mrs M is leaning towards either SC Project or Arrow as a preference for the aesthetics of what is available... I think both look nice too and there doesn't seem to be an awful lot in it price wise.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of with of these options to aid us in the final decision?

Have viewed clips of both makes on youtube and both seem to sound the business which is making the final choice that little bit more difficult for her lol...

Thanks in advance,
    Ben

6. Build quality of the Arrow I've just fitted to the 1200R is good, noise is not offensive with or without the db killer (in the shed at least! Lol!) and price was good on eBay

Ped

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Had Arrows on my old 796 - good quality , not too fruity with the baffles out - but had the little Cats at the front of the silencer too - no mapping required if you keep the cats
    Probably a different story if you remove them tho

IMG_0190.JPG

#7 m@tt, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  8. IMG_0047.JPG I think the SC projects look good relatively cheap and look much better than stock

#8 Paul Mason, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Just got LV Ones for my monster 796. Not expensive and sounds good too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I bought a used monster 796 this week and it's got carbon termi's on it . NO baffles fitted and it's loud, too loud for me really .
    Does anybody know the size of baffle I need to get to tone them down a bit? I like a bit of noise but not enough that it shakes the ground! .
    Bike seems a bit "fluffy" under 3k, would this improve with baffles in ?
    Thanks for any help or info .

11. Those doo look good! Much better than the huge OEM things they supply it with. It's a toss up between these and the LV Ones I think for Mrs M...

As standard the bike has exhaust valves that don't open until around 4k rpm iirc... Sounds like your 'fluffy' sound issue could mean these are still in commission and you need a servo eliminator to bypass the servo which will open the valves permanently and let it breath properly.

Link below for you ;)

Exhaust Servo Eliminator (ESE) new - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

12. Ahh. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hardly any 796 silencers follow the line of the seat properly.

14. We also noticed that. The line the end cans follow makes a huge difference to the aesthetics of the rear end.

15. Hello friends,

Does anyone knows if the motor position and exhaust headers are the same on M796 and M1100?
    If I copy the lines of M1100 exhaust (2in1) would be OK? I will do on my M796 the same way as M1100 has?
    Looking forward to any information!

Regards,
    RogerG

16. No one knows?
    If ask different; does the exhaust pipes from M1100 evo, is possible to mount them on M796?

Tnx

Do Not Sell My Personal Information