1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tank Bag For St4 That Works!

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Harlequin, Apr 2, 2019.

1. hi there

Can anyone recommend a tank bag that works? The tank ring type are not comfortable as the fuel filler is along way back, and the magnetic type dont work because of the plastic tank infill.

Also wondered if anybody has found a good rear seat bag option that unclips quickly.....

Thanks all

2. Bagster worked for me

3. Never realised the ST4 had a plastic tank. The one on my ST4S was steel and an Oxford Lifetime Tank Bag worked perfectly. Had one of the ring fitting bags on my 1198, found it to be too far back and uncomfortable.

4. The tank is steel, it just has the big plastic lump in front of the filler cap (same as ST4S) which forces the ring fitting bag too far back like your 1198. Oxford lifetime sounds like a recommendation then :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Be very wary of Baglux harnesses, I had one on my '04 ST3 and it split the tank near the seem as they're wafer thin there.
    If you can find one the Ducati Performance harness is much better as it fastens around the frame instead of the tank.
    You'll need to get a Ducati bag too as the clasps are slightly different to the Baglux item.
    Here is a photo of mine fitted.
    20170712_211217.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cheers Pete, just what i need!

7. Bagster tank cover and bag worked for me too.

8. Bagster for me with a Bagster sort of harnessy thing which fits well and does the job perfectly. Didn't want the tank protector just to fit a bag.

9. I have the Givi Tanklock set up. Once the ring is fitted there are a generous range of bag sizes. Some good deals on Sports Bike Shop at the mo.

The ST4 isn’t officially listed as a compatible model for the fuel cap bracket as it’s so old but I found one that fits. I can confirm which one it is.

10. Givi BF08 fits a 2001 ST4S.

11. Nelson Rigg

12. I had a bagster which worked well for several years, then the clip on latches got a bit funny, it also protects the tank, but you might not find it too attractive.

13. I use Kreiga luggage
    I have "tank bras" on the 1098 and MV if I'm only using one bag

14. Magnetic type works for me. The ST4 tank is steel, not plastic.

Just make sure that the underside of the tank bag hasn't picked up any swarf or small metal objects before fitting it as this will result in it scratching the paint. I use an anti-slip mat between the bag and tank to protect it from scratches.

768EC6B3-B33D-4757-934B-EE2F97246E36_1_201_a.jpeg

15. I used a Ducati Performance magnetic bag as a day bag and a bagster stackable for long trips, on my 2004 ST4, both were excellent.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information