1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Tank Panel Change

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Mark9, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5B13852A-9FB4-4202-A3FB-73C94D80BA00.png I’m thinking of changing the tank panels on my 2016 scrambler Icon (red), I’m thinking of having them chrome wrapped, or polishing them to a chrome finish (bit lazy for that though!), another option is to spray them the same colour as the tank and fit DUCATI decals like these, have you customised yours?, please post a photo up if so.
    PS I’ve got a spare left hand panel but I’m looking for a right hand one, if you have one to sell please let me know, cheers Mark.

2. think i have a spare set that id be willing to part with... not sure what they are worth. wil post a pic of em tomorrow .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Chizel

• Like Like x 1
  4. sorry mark, ive taken some pics but due to the new forum software (or what ever it is) i can no longer just log in on my phone and upload pics.. im trying now to load pics to laptop and do it that way but its not happening for me just yet... basically they are the alloy side panels as fitted standard and in as new condition as the were removed and replaced with after market ones from new i believe..

5. Ok, no worries about the photos, the thing is I only need the RH panel, I already have the LH, PM me please and let me know how much you want, cheers.

6. Nothing’s changed. You’re just being inept. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. If you strip the paint off with chemical, the process should be simple and painless. A light sanding with wet & dry 800. 1200, and then autosol on a drill powered buffing pad will make short work of this imo.

8. perhaps... or perhaps the cookie thing that is now attached to the log in page will not allow me to log in on my phone unless i accept all their shit.. something as a paying forum member i dont think i should have to do... call me old fashioned but i thought my subscription fee meant i didnt have to deal with this crap... just saying...
    sorry @Mark9

9. Seriously.........nothing’s changed.

10. seriously I CAN NO LONGER LOG IN ON MY PHONE UNLESS I ACCEPT THE COOKIE BULLSHIT... why would i make this up?

11. They are anodised Jez, still that’s no great problem the anodising is only a few microns deep, I think I’ll end up going that way as Evoboy says that chrome wrap scratches very easily, at least with polished panels you can polish out any subsequent scratches, it’s raining all day tomorrow so I might have a go at the LH panel I’ve got, that said I’ve also got garage shelving to put up etc etc, I’m on holiday but seem to be busier than when I’m at work!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Accept the cookies then I can keep tabs on you :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. PM & payment sent Chizel, thanks very much.

14. Thread closed?

15. He can pay his subs now :joy:

16. Doesn’t look as though anyone is going to add photos of their customised panels el Toro (maybe nobody has), so you can close it if you like.

17. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information