1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapatalk Problem

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Ash34, May 17, 2017.

1. I can't login with Tapatalk now, it refuses my password. I can use the desktop or mobile interface but Tapatalk doesn't like me.

Any ideas what this could be?

2. Yes, I've disabled tapatalk, and it might not be coming back. It is a potential security risk, and I can't be sure of the data that passes via the forum/tapatalk as it connects directly to the forum database. Also, they have started to bypass the forums own secure sL registration process dealing with it all directly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Also, Tapatalk is truly awful to use. Tried it it for many months and then gave up. I won't miss it.

In much the same way I won't miss the awful (new) emoticons when they are replaced : o /

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Well that explains it then.

Thanks.

5. Can anyone suggest a better app for iPhone 6 please.
    I have been using Tapatalk as it seemed better than safari to me.
    Is there a better browser or App for iPhone ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks for explanation Rob.I've been using Tapatalk Pro for years, find it superb for looking at this site on my iphone. I will very much miss the ability to do this if Tapatalk no longer supported.
    But I will no doubt adapt to the new regime!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Crikey... I too am a big Tapatalk fan. It's a great way of following multiple forums without needing to manually handle each one.

The mobile site just isn't as easy to deal with.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tapatalk can read your entire profiles on all of your forums, so reads all of your email addresses, location, birthday, control panel settings and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Exactly... makes life very easy to sign up to forums ;)
    If I'm willing to have it all on display on this forum, I have no issue having it on my Tapatalk profile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You may not but others may do... you can't opt out. They track every link you click, your email address, where you live and a lot more information, directly from this forum database. I'm not comfortable with that.

The Tapatalk plugin comes with a function that is turned on by default without and a proper option to disable it. This function reads data from the database (such as your e-mail address, name and whatever else is stored in the forum database) and sends this data to the Tapatalk server without consent!

11. From Tapatalk:

'We also collect non-personally identifiable information ("Non-PII") about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address'

'the Application collects certain Non-PII automatically, such as demographic and profile data, device ad identification, content viewed, and information that allows us to periodically determine your location, and mobile device and usage information, which may include (i) information about the way you use the Application, (ii) information specific to your mobile device (such as make, model, operating system, Internet browser, device IP address, anonymous device and/or advertising identifier and similar information), (iii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device, and (iv) signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data. We may collect the foregoing information even if you are not logged in to the Application.'

'If you use Facebook Login or Google + to log into the Application, we collect and store certain additional information such as your birth date, likes, friends, etc.'

'Such Non-PII may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with other Non-PII such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android IDs), and also may be shared with advertisers and other third parties, including business partners such as advertising businesses who are obligated to comply with applicable laws concerning usage of the information, as well as our corporate affiliates, in connection with the Service (such third parties and affiliates collectively, "Affiliates"). This information may also be used to deliver you information and/or promotional materials about our company and/or our Affiliates, including about products and services that may be of interest to you such as when you enter participating local venues of our Affiliates, to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent, as well as by us for trend analysis, pattern detection, and site administration. In addition, our Affiliates may share this information with their own third-party business partners who may use the information either for themselves or on behalf of the applicable Affiliate, each only for the purposes set forth above.'

'Further, if Tapatalk sells all or part of our business or sells or transfers all or a material part of our assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, we may transfer your PII or Non-PII to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.'

'When you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that these companies will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements. In addition, we or a data partner we have engaged may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use the Service or other websites or applications, or to seek to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or our data partner may connect de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you voluntarily submitted to us (such as your email address), or to data passively collected from you (such as your device identifier or IP address). However, we will only share your email address with our data partners in hashed, non-human readable form.'

'Your interaction with a Widget typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through the third party’s Cookies or its registration information. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its Widgets and Cookies even when you do not interact with the Widget. To obtain a list of these third parties in order to request their privacy policy information and learn about the controls that may be available to you, please email us at [email protected].'

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Yup. Explains it now !!
    Aww well pity as I liked the layout nice n simple and allows many forums in the one place.
    Anyone got any replacement yet ?
    I see Robs point too. All that data collection can go somewhere and nowadays we need to make sure our data is as secure as possible.

13. It has started to constantly send replies to your email even if you don't use tapatalk
    It's driving me mad !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Phew. I was beginning to doubt my own sanity over remembering passwords. The Tapatalk app was ok for quickly surfing the threads. I'll try keep an eye on this to see if alternatives are suggested.

15. Struggling to be arsed with forum on the phone without Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. I've used TT for years with no problems. I like it a lot. It makes it easy to visit several fora quickly all in one place. A forum I have been a member of for several years recently dropped their TT access as the admin found it hard to manage and apparently it generates less advertising revenue that the Web version. I only visit that site occasionally now when I'm at my laptop as it's a pita on a mobile device. I suspect the same thing will happen here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Another TT fan here. I t just works and is very handy when you go on a few different forums (have more than one interest!).

A quick Google suggested Forumrunner as an alternative, i'll give it a whirl today and report back. If you don't hear back from me it's gone horribly wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. The Forum works on my iPhone on a direct link to the forum - it is mobile friendly and works fine - but the new smileys are shit :poop:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Try clicking a large pic in random picture thread. Completely cocks up.

20. On iPhone I just swipe left and it takes me back to the list of threads :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information