1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tax Changes Affect Goods From Eu To Uk

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Longdog, Jan 4, 2021.

1. My American parcel arrived quicker 3 days compared to my uk parcel of nearly 3 weeks yesterday :grinning:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. my tyre supplier, Newlands tyres, are struggling to get tyres and a previous £8k container now costs £9k.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. this doesn't answer what happens if you as an individual or small business were to send a package and not already be registered with HMRC. will they hold the package and try and bill the sender?
    isnt that dude in Russia ?

4. Worth a read if you're not already feeling a little under the weather

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. But the fish are now British fish and therefore better and happier fish! (Jacob Rees Mogg)

6. seems fair no?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I found that extremely uninteresting, ending in the predictable "I'm leaving this country" - ta ta.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Love that. S many young tax paying Europeans have left England. So many older non tax paying English pensioners have moved back to the UK from the EU. Hope that doesn't put too much strain on your NHS.:joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Dont worry, the NHS will be gone soon. Boris and chums have plans...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. We’re also feeling the pinch here across the pond. Our greedy government simply don’t want us shopping in the Uk anymore look as the fees added on to the price

E454535E-E5B4-4A37-B88A-B7CC5626CC1A.jpeg

11. Did the buyer not realise that he was buying from an none EU country? Nothing to do with your government, just thank the UK who voted to leave.

12. Classic car parts when you need them you need them just gotta suck it in and pay. Wonder are the online retailers feeling the pinch as most of our parts used to come through the Uk

13. I'm assuming that "across the pond" in this context is the Irish Sea?

14. Yes sir:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm not at all surprised that you have no interest. Fcuk business, so to speak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. It looks like you didn’t pay UK vat though Tom as it’s not itemised on the invoice and what goes to the Revenue is 8.34 ROI vat. The 18.15 looks like a handling charge levied by the courier Co for collecting the vat for the Revenue. That’s where you’ve been stiffed.

17. Wasn’t me that got shafted Was a fella I know on Facebook. Either way will take time to get used to it. I’ve always bought from the Uk as was always cheaper and quicker

Do Not Sell My Personal Information