1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tax Changes Affect Goods From Eu To Uk

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Longdog, Jan 4, 2021.

1. if it was bought from ebay and cost under £135 the VAT will already have been collected by ebay

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Post #447 is correct.:upyeah:

3. UPS.:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Hopefully in your case that’s true, but sometimes courier companies send you an invoice later in the post explaining they’ve already delivered your items and instructions to now pay the added charges or expect consequences. I had the exact same threatening letters and invoice from FedEx after buying a very very old Triumph Bonneville manual from the USA.
    The other thing to remember now is that all of the courier companies can make extra money from the process so obviously there on the hunt for any extra charges they can apply to us.

#424 speedy gonzales, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don't you worry as i've no issues dealing with threatening folk and letters for that matter in life,but thanks for flagging it up.

6. You might get a nice bill in the post I know I did when I imported parts from America

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You would have thought they'd ask for payment there & then before releasing the goods.Watch this space.:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've had both. Once wouldn't deliver unless I paid, the second I got a big bill afterwards. Both from the US and going back a couple of years.

9. Return to sender or not known at this address.;)

10. so I ordered some kit on 12 Jan and it all arrived yesterday, no hold up in customs, no extra fee’s. The info below comes direct from 24MX website.

information about Brexit.

We have our warehouse in continental Europe and we are working on adjusting to the Brexit changes that are effective January 1, 2021.

Due to customs clearance and to the new transit processes at the border, it will take longer for you to receive your parcel.
    We will handle all customs duties, import fees VAT and similar, to ensure your shopping experience is the same as before. There are no additional charges to pay upon delivery.

For the sames reasons, it may take longer for your return parcel to reach us.

• Like Like x 2
  11. That’s because they are dispatching form an EU location, the same system HMRC recommended the other day. But few have the resources to open a depot there.

12. Ordered a set of titanium foot pegs for my exc300 around 10th of December. Arrived last week...was stuck for 20days in Poland. (based on the tracking number)
    A friend of mine was showing off after he bought a race mat with 70% discount from 24mx. :joy: :joy:
    He paid £30....bloody hell that must have been £100 before discount.
    IMO this is very misleading advert, they are doing this with a lot of items.....
    Just as refference KTM Powerparts mat is around £60, R&G £40.

13. Here are some numbers in Euros:
    Cost of 60 bottles of wine 925.00 tax paid.
    Transport, insurance, ex/import clearance, customs agent fees 490.00
    Excise duties 151.20

Total costs 1566.20

and before you hit BUY, there is a further 20% VAT on top.

925 Euros of wine, delivered UK for E1879.44......

Off to Majestic then.....

• WTF WTF x 1
  14. Effectively Brexit is weighed in favour of the larger companies. For small businesses import and export probably won’t pay.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information