1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell Me About The 821 Sp Hyper

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by SiRich, Feb 2, 2017.

1. My 939SP brakes are top notch. No complaints.

Maybe somebody fitted cheap brake pads in there?

2. I'm wondering if some acf50 got in there when they covered the bike, it's only done 2800 miles so would assume original pads, think I will whip them out. Brakes perfectly ok just not quite what I expected.

3. My brakes are okay, never noticed anything untoward. Think it would quite happily do a stoppie if asked!

If you do a search in the Hypermotard forum's archive there's quite a good thread on suspension settings for the 821 SP as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anyone had any realiability issues with the 821 SP? Seen a couple of yank guys have and have posted it on utube. Picking mine up tomorrow and can't wait!

5. No issues with my sp yet.... touch wood
    Only thing it does do is put a huge smile on my face lol
    Where are you getting it from see your only in Havant might bump into each other down gloomies sometime

6. Barnsley! Driving up today, not looking forward to that! Yeah I'm sure we'll bump into each other there. My mate is picking up his brand new 939sp so we'll be out on them tomorrow :laughing:

7. YouTube vloggers? Some of those are just the unlucky minority I feel. According to internets every brand is the worst and should be avoided.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sweet was planning on getting out tomorrow myself if the weather holds out.... fingers crossed
    Would be good too ride with some other hypers

9. No issues here either (2013 821SP), touching wood!

Also Hampshire based, will keep an eye out at all the usual places.

10. Very tempted now, that does look good. Had it in my mind that i needed the 939 but the 821 it is i think (want a new bike to commute on).

Are the black forks standard, they look great i think?

11. Black Marzocchi was standard on the SP I think.

12. Cool, should be down loomies about 4ish I reckon

13. Yeah black forks are the 821sp, gold on the 939sp

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Here is my new toy :hearteyes::hearteyes: IMG_8572.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sure I should be out n about so may see you there

16. The brakes are good in Race mode but the ABS pisses me off every now and again in every other mode. Fairly tempted to bin the system and fit some simplified braided hoses to be honest... Why a bike with 99bhp at the rear wheel has TC and ABS is beyond me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information